Author Topic: 34 Ford Pickup Idea Generator!  (Read 3441 times)

David Bogard

34 Ford Pickup Idea Generator!
« on: December 18, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »
Here's just a few of the ones I found out on the web and they're all fabulous! Maybe some of these will help get those ideas flowing!

I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

sentsat71

Re: 34 Ford Pickup Idea Generator!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 07:18:39 AM »
Thanks, David for posting these...
Those builds are all cool.!

The light blue stake bed was the version I built back in the '70's, but in the red and black colors of the pic above that....
Don't know why I never took pictures of those builds back then....

Ed K.

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 08:25:36 AM »
Don't know how many of you check out Randy Ayers NASCAR modeling site, but found something of interest there...
Once on the site, go to the Road Racer's section
Look for Ford GT40 LeMans 66 tag
Scroll down until you see the pic of the movie car,
click on additional photos tag
Go to page 4
At the top row is a couple of pics of a '30's custom pickup....
the 1st pic shows what is hanging off the tow hook of the 1:1 P/U

Ed K.

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »
Oh Happy Day. Picked up my kit! Surprise! No frame!! Haven't ever had that happen to me before! Looks like a run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow!

Rett

TarheelRick

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 09:21:14 AM »
I've got so many ideas for this little truck kit that I think I could build about 10 of them in my lifetime! I am looking forward to the upcoming CBP to see the many different "takes" on this easy little kit!

For more ideas go to "Bing", in the "Images" search function type in "1934 Ford Pickup" and you will find hundreds of photos; enough to keep Round2 busy for a decade pumping out these kits.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 07:14:41 AM »
If anyone has the Oct 1993 of Scale Auto, there are a couple of atricles or so on the '34 Ford P/U...mostly talking about Lindberg's offering of "their" '34 Ford P/U, which we all know is/was the "found" AMT molds of the same....followed by an article on a couple of ways to "spice" up said kit(s), called Rapid Delkvery...the followed by an article titled "Variations on a Theme"...
Ed K.

Lefturns75

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 10:31:49 AM »
For any of you guys that might give a flip here is a version of the 34 kit I have not seen mentioned here yet.   AMT kit #3204 Elegance Series Haulin Henry from 1967.  This kit came molded in red plastic, contained a can of AMT spray pearl Lacquer, blue tinted windows.  The parts were limited as it could only be built as it appeared on the box and those headers you see are the ones you find in the Vicky kit, no stock parts were included and it sold for a big $3.  It is rare to find one today and if you do get ready to empty your wallet.