News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

CBP '34 Ford Truck Build Photos here!

Started by David Bogard, December 23, 2019, 04:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Bogard

Please place your W.I.P. photos here. Thanks!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Greg Birky

The "Ole Bench Racer" 

Greg Birky

dirtmodwrench

Pulled the old flattie out of the barn and bolted on a set of good heads and an intake to get started.  Will shoot some paint on it tonight.
Flathead for 34 Ford PU by Mark Shea, on Flickr

Greg Birky

Got a bit more done...thinking I need to chop the top!  Y'all let me know what you think about chopping it...🤔
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
The "Ole Bench Racer" 

Greg Birky

Tom Birky

Greg Birky

Yessiree, I'm a gonna do it!!!  I think about 3 scale inches would be about an 1/8 inch with no body filler...Easy peasy!!!
The "Ole Bench Racer" 

Greg Birky

Marty W

Chop it! That's what I did, too. I am going a little crazy with mine. All Ford, and I will probably put in the truck bed, with the narrowed '56 Ford back end. Was going to use a '57 Chrysler tail, but it looked kinda horsey.

Marty W

Yeah, you don't have to go nuts to build a really nice looking truck. Look at the custom job on the AMT box. It's pretty conventional as far as the design, but the stance, paint job, and other details make it an outstanding looking model! LOVE those whitewalls!! I just go overboard a little sometimes. But I also appreciate a really clean, classic looking truck.

Also, don't expect to see a gleaming paint job on this one. It will be pure Rat Rod.

Greg Birky

Very kool, Marty!!!  I'm diggin yours!!!  Hey David, your race car creations tend to go to the wild side and I think my hot rods tend to go there...polar opposites, lol!!!  Funny thing, Tom and I were recently discussing how neither of us seem to be able to build anything box stock.  I'm thinking in my mind, why not a box stock 34 Ford pickup...Yeah, right, never gonna happen, lololol!!!!😂 I can't wait to see the cool variety of builds we end up with and I'm certain each one will be a winner!!!🏁🏁🏁

***By the way, I ended up cutting up a bed from a parts kit to put in a new bed floor rather than cutting out the good floor in the new kit bed.  I have an idea already for that bed...the parts kit is an old Lindberg issued kit thus the strange colored plastic.
The "Ole Bench Racer" 

Greg Birky

john2

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Greg Birky

Nice start, David!  I love the stance!🏁🏁🏁
The "Ole Bench Racer" 

Greg Birky

Marty W

Nice start, David! Love that exhaust system.

TarheelRick

Looking good David. A question about your exhaust, wouldn't it be simpler to route the exhaust over the tops of the cross-rails like in the original kit?  Just file/cut/torch/hacksaw/whatever necessary a couple notches like the ones on the right side rails, then lay the pipes in them.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

john2

David  --  on the spare tire cavity patch.  Did you have to curve the new plastic ?

john2