Author Topic: AWB Plymouth  (Read 3094 times)

David Bogard

AWB Plymouth
« on: February 21, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »
Got this AWB Plymouth started and so far, things are lining up fairly well. Motor placement and height, and the headers, have been challenging so far but I've got it all right where I want it now. Starting to tinker with the interior and then the big part, getting the body situation just right.

I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

dirtmodwrench

Re: AWB Plymouth
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 04:08:27 PM »
That motor looks wild!  Is this that new kit from Moebius?

dirtmodwrench

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 09:10:48 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I haven't built a Moebius kit yet, but this looks like the first one I will be acquiring.  I'll keep an eye on your build thread to pick up any pointers!

Lefturns75

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
Thats gonna be a nice looking Mayflower David.  I have not yet seen one of these kits built so I will be watching your progress.  I am about to start an AWB Audi but it is not as well known as your subject.  Hint:  think Walter Rohrl.

Bob P.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 04:52:17 PM »
That is one mean looking machine there David.
I can't wait to see the finished build.
Boy, I sure could use that engine for one of my sixties super modifieds.

Bob

Marty W

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 05:29:48 PM »
Well, I am into this kind of stuff, and my favorite classes in the 60s were the AFX, gassers, and funnies. The first time I saw Dick Landy's '65 Dodge, my mouth dropped open! Up until that drag meet, I had never heard of the AFX class. I might have to pick up one of these kits as well. I do have a resin Landy's Dodge body and donor waiting on me to get to it.

Yours looks great so far! Looking forward to the finished model, and I am sure it is going to be a nice one!