Author Topic: Snow  (Read 2527 times)

sentsat71

Snow
« on: October 27, 2020, 07:55:36 AM »
A bit early this year.....around 3-4 inches on Sunday,....
Had someone tell me that this part of Iowa (North Central)  will have more snow that we've had the past couple of years.....Oh joy.....not.....
Ed K.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 07:37:12 PM »
.....I was up in the Des Moines, Ames area last Tues. (10-20) after they had received some snow Mon. ....it was all but gone by the time I rolled thru.....still some snow on some roofs and grassy areas.....did get to see one snow man in Des Moines. 

Woke up to aprox. 1" here in Topeka this morning.   
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 01:34:23 PM »
Why must you all use such "foul" language on a family friendly site.  Snow is a four-letter word and should be banished from polite society.  Am hearing according to the local woolly worm legend it is going to be a rough winter here.  Hope everyone has their shovels ready.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Olderndirt

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 07:52:27 PM »
 Screw the snow shovels, go dig through your kit collection, to make sure you have enough to get you through the winter. And don’t forget to see if a local pizza parlor can deliver by drone.

Olderndirt

TarheelRick

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 07:12:36 AM »
Got a robo-call from school superintendent last night.  Because of possible inclement weather (rain and possibly heavy winds) from Zeta, in class school was cancelled and all students will use remote learning.  Makes me think there will be no snow days this winter since the kids can "learn" sitting at home playing with a computer.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.