Author Topic: 1964 NHRA B stock Pontiac GTO  (Read 5062 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: 1964 NHRA B stock Pontiac GTO
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 01:33:21 PM »
Both Replicas look GREAT Mark. Your outstanding craftsmanship as usual...makes it a pleasure to view...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

David Bogard

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 06:23:29 PM »
Correct Mark, the wagon was also Ensign Blue.

To Brian's question, the door numbers were usually chosen by the racers back then but I do not know what the significance or the reason behind the 655, 656, 657 sequence was in this case. Nowadays the first number usually stands for the NHRA Region (of which there are six). Gay Pontiac was located in Texas and they raced from there so their "first" number today would probably be a "4" since that is their region. I didn't clear up much and might have just muddied the water some more (ha!) Maybe someone actually knows what was behind their number sequence.
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Marty W

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 02:45:17 AM »
What a cool old dragin' wagon! I wonder if anybody even makes that in resin??

MarkJ

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2021, 08:44:03 AM »
Both Replicas look GREAT Mark. Your outstanding craftsmanship as usual...makes it a pleasure to view...

Thanks, Gary. I really appreciate the kind words.

MarkJ

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2021, 08:49:16 AM »
Correct Mark, the wagon was also Ensign Blue.

To Brian's question, the door numbers were usually chosen by the racers back then but I do not know what the significance or the reason behind the 655, 656, 657 sequence was in this case. Nowadays the first number usually stands for the NHRA Region (of which there are six). Gay Pontiac was located in Texas and they raced from there so their "first" number today would probably be a "4" since that is their region. I didn't clear up much and might have just muddied the water some more (ha!) Maybe someone actually knows what was behind their number sequence.

Wow, David. Thanks for the color ref pic. Now , if I do the build, I have to decide whether to do the a/mp version or the a/g version. A lot more graphics on this one. Some will be hard to figure out.

MarkJ

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 08:56:16 AM »
What a cool old dragin' wagon! I wonder if anybody even makes that in resin??

Marty, I found that MCW does a resin, but I will have to find a chassis donor. And with all resins, the price is high. 61 bucks for the resin kit but it does include the engine. I think they had Farmer Arnie Beswick in mind when they did the resin. He also ran one of these wagons.

Marty W

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 12:33:32 PM »
Mark, I would check with MCW first on the chassis, unless you have already done that. In the description, it says that the kit includes everything but the tires. The sedan version of the car does show the chassis and interior parts, and it is listed at the same price as the wagon.

MarkJ

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2021, 09:00:15 AM »
Mark, I would check with MCW first on the chassis, unless you have already done that. In the description, it says that the kit includes everything but the tires. The sedan version of the car does show the chassis and interior parts, and it is listed at the same price as the wagon.

Thanks, Marty. I will definitely ask them if I order it. In the small pictures of the kit they don't show a chassis but like you say they say it includes everything but the wheels and tires. I need to make sure I have the wheels and tires covered from my parts box.

Marty W

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »
I might have some wheels and tires for the wagon, if you decide to go for it.

MarkJ

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2021, 08:33:07 AM »
I might have some wheels and tires for the wagon, if you decide to go for it.

Thanks, Marty. I will keep that in mind.