News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Wisconsin Style Super Mod

Started by slim, May 28, 2017, 07:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

An evolution of the south eastern Wisconsin modifieds around the late sixties. When wings began to appear and tube chassis became legal. This chassis is scratch built, narrowed shortened AMT 32 Victoria Body.

Dr. Kerry

"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Bill in MA

Professional driver on closed course.  Do not attempt.

pdaly28

amazing build!really like the chassis work!

Greg Birky

Man, this one just screams kool and fast!!!  I love it, Slim!!!  Very well done!!!😎👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😝
The "Ole Bench Racer" 

Greg Birky

ausbodies

Vickies make such great racecars  This looks like the ultimate evolution from the jalopy days. The work you did to adjust the proportions really paid off.  Very, very cool.

Cheers
Alan

James2

Great model Slim. Keep'em coming.
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

TarheelRick

Beautiful build.  Would have loved to watch a field of these beauties scream around a 1/4-3/8 mile bullring.  Excellent work on that chassis.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Gary Davis

Man Slim...you captured the right look with this one. The detail work you've done is spot on.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

slim

The detail work that you assisted me with!

Gary Davis

WOW...the wing wasn't on it then. Man...That wing really looks good on that car. It sure hits the mark for the late 60s-early 70s Modifieds that ran in N. California back then.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

slim

Yes, that is correct, I added the wing recently, thought it needed it!

Bob P.

That is a beautiful build Slim, I like everything about this one. Nice chassis work also, well done.

Bob

Bob P.

Excellent build Slim, I really like it.

I'm glad they finally got rid of those huge bumpers.  ;D ;D

Bob 

slim

Haha, they never lost the big bumpers! Aka booger bars!