Author Topic: Hobby Lobby coupon  (Read 2596 times)

Hondo

Hobby Lobby coupon
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:14:53 AM »
I had heard (maybe here too) that Hobby Lobby was dropping the weekly 40% OFF coupon.
Saying they are reducing overall prices.
In our Sunday paper where the HL ad is, there was no 40% OFF coupon.
After reading up, the info said the coupons stopped at the end of February.

They ran the model kits at 40% OFF 2 or 3 times in the last month.
Guess we'll see if they dropped the prices any now.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 09:20:07 AM by Hondo »

TonyK

Re: Hobby Lobby coupon
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 11:19:31 AM »
The 40% off all model kits at times could be a good deal for some since you weren't limited to 1 model with the coupon but they always had the same stock so that never did anything for me.

What did work with the coupon for me was going in any time I needed a can or bottle of paint I realized I was out of and knowing I'd buy it for 40% off. Now I don't have that advantage and don't want to pay the full price they charge. Now if they are going to drop the price on all paints that would be great but I'll bet that ain't gonna happen.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Hobby Lobby coupon
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 10:52:17 PM »
...Yes, unfortunately its true.  Hobby Lobby has made the decision to change their business model as they are amongst some higher profile businesses nation wide that are becoming less capital based and focusing more on dividends and returns for their investors...in other words the all mighty dollar (investors) are the new over lords of Hobby Lobby instead of the old guard (President, C.E.O , board of directors, etc. etc.)  The investors , of course, will have their best interest in mind and not so much so the name brand or the core beliefs (religion, closed Sundays, etc. etc.) that made Hobby Lobby what we knew it to be.  With out getting too deep in the weeds politically or sounding like a conspirist whack job, the money being invested is from global sources not necessarily on the best terms with America.     

As far as the price drops go, I wouldn't count on it...at least for anything that we as builders might purchase.  Watch the next few weeks or months and see where the prices land as far as items that you purchase regularly or semi regularly from Hobby Lobby.  As an example I'll use a model car kit.  Lets say, for the sake of discussion, that the kit has a sticker price of $30.00 ....minus 40% brings it down to $18.00 ....a $5.00 rattle can of paint minus. %40 would be $3.00    lets just see if they do lower any prices or if its just a ruse.  I suppose that they could lower prices on cake decorating equipment and doily patterns and still make the claim "hey, we did lower prices".

I'm in a unique position here in Topeka as there is a Michaels arts and crafts store literally a stones throw from the Hobby Lobby.  Michaels has a 20% off anything coupon and carries pretty much everything that I could by at Hobby Lobby.         
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington