Author Topic: Been Away  (Read 1787 times)

Fordguy01

Been Away
« on: April 02, 2021, 05:35:29 PM »
Been away from the site for a while as I'm in recovery.  Had my left knee replaced back on March 10th.  Over the years the initial surgery from 1968 wore out and I had bone on bone with arthritis so it was time.   The good news is that I should be driving soon and I'll be able to get to the races at Eagle and I-80.  The sad news is that I cant get down stairs to the hobby room just yet.  Every time I ask my daughter if it's safe to try she and my granddaughter both give me the look!  So with that I will have to wait a little while longer I wouldn't want to upset them.

Al 

john2

Re: Been Away
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 08:02:07 PM »
Was wondering about you.  Glad you are doing well.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Bob P.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 09:42:45 PM »
Glad to hear your coming along well, get down to that model room soon and show us what your working on.

Bob

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 10:09:36 PM »
Good to hear from you. Heal up and get back at it! You do some great work.

Rett

Fordguy01

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 10:20:59 PM »
Thanks gentlemen I do miss my hobby room and hopefully I'll be back at it next week.

Al

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 11:42:20 PM »
.... being away from the hobby room will make you appreciate just that much more once your able to get up and down those stairs....I was without the hobby room for a spell once so I can relate to your woes.  Enjoy the races this season at Eagle and I-80 :)
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Fordguy01

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 04:30:42 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes guys.  Had an appointment with the surgeon on Monday and he is very happy with my recovery and yes, I was able to get down to my hobby room and get some work done on my model.
It sure felt good like driving again.  My daughter had to cart me around the first week and a half and I know she probably got tired of it but she never said a thing.  At this point I think I'm on the road to recovery although I still can't negotiate the basement steps so I got resourceful and went in through the garage.  Goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat when you want to do something!

Al