Author Topic: Parts Box Modified  (Read 3945 times)

Dr. Kerry

Re: Parts Box Modified
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 06:27:41 PM »
 Very kool 56 David!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

David Bogard

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2021, 02:02:54 PM »
Decided to go with the stacks on this one. Started working on the exhaust too.

I think I am going to have a small collector curving backwards and leave it at that. Not sure though, just have to see what "speaks" to me.

I did get the rear bumper redone to match the narrowed car so it's ready for a finish.

I will eventually get to finalizing the body work but at this point there is not one speck of putty on this thing; all done with clean cuts, super glue and micro-balloons (and yes, baking soda will work also).
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Maineboy

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2021, 08:11:22 PM »
This car is looking really "mean",  even bordering on "sinister". That last photo, a 3/4 view from the rear, is just awesome! If this were a real car a bunch of guys would be standing around it trying to figure out just how some fellow came up with this idea. Truly a classic piece of art work in my book. I have always admired the "one of a kind" type of cars. They sure would stand out in any crowd.

Have you thought of the color(s) yet?

I bet you have had some fun doing this.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

David Bogard

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »
I built a couple of different sets of headers but I didn't really like them so I decided to make this set and I think I will go with them. They still need collectors/turnouts but that's the easy part. I also have the dash box and the two main roll cage bars in place along with the ride height finalized and set. It will all start to come together rather quickly now.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 04:39:58 PM by David Bogard »

Maineboy

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2021, 09:02:22 PM »
Been busy the last couple weeks and have not had time to work on my own project. Summer is like that for me. And having a recovering knee replacement and the other one needing one, I get around slower than usual. Finally caught up with you on this thread. That has got to be about the slickest 56 race car, model or 1:1 on the track, that I have seen. It is quite nice how it is all going together. The next to last photo, the side view is great. The heavily shortened trunk area and the long low hood says an awful lot about the styling behind the model. That particular look, short trunk and long hood, is what Lee Iacocca and his designers came up with for the original Ford Mustang in 1964. That look has always left me with the idea that going fast is good business. The last photo, taken from behind, showing the slant of the car forward is just great.

Picasso painted on canvas, and everyone knows that as "art". Some people demonstrate "art" in other ways. this is certainly one of them here. Great ideas and modelling techniques. Can't wait to see the final photos.

David Bogard

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »
All is mostly done underneath and the bodywork is finished and has a base coat of silver on it (likely going to be a metallic color coat- trying to use up old paint) The tires are glossed and ready for decals and if I can get a break I might get it painted this weekend. It has been 100+ degrees (real feel) for a couple of weeks now and it is just too blasted hot in my garage to hardly get anything done.

Maineboy

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2021, 08:52:39 PM »
I would call that just simply "spectacular".    I wonder why somebody didn't have your kind of vision and actually build a 1:1 version of this.....back in the day when 56 chev bodies were a dime a dozen. More pics when it's done please.

MB

David Bogard

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 10:35:12 PM »
Well, it's done but I am waiting one more day just in case I find those rear tail lights. I had a pair from an old '56 Chevy kit and I set them aside in a "special" place so I would not lose them, just for this build as I thought they would look cool stuck on this Vintage Modified Body. Unfortunately, I put them in such a "special" place that now I cannot find them! So, I'll hunt around some more tomorrow night and if I find them, great; if not, pictures the following day and calling it done!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:39:29 AM by David Bogard »

Maineboy

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2021, 08:04:50 AM »
That happens all the time to me and has most of my life. I will put something right where I know I will be able to find it and can't think of that place when I need it. My wife says it is a "male" thing. Not sure I would agree with her or not as I have seen her "hunting" for stuff also.

MB

Dirtman

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2021, 09:47:55 AM »
Well, it's done but I am waiting one more day just in case I find those rear tail lights. I had a pair from an old '56 Chevy kit and I set them aside in a "special" place so I would lose them, just for this build as I thought they would look cool stuck on this Vintage Modified Body. Unfortunately, I put them in such a "special" place that now I cannot find them! So, I'll hunt around some more tomorrow night and if I find them, great; if not, pictures the following day and calling it done!
LOL, I've got lots of "special places" for hobby stuff, tools, etc!!!
Rett

Maineboy

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2021, 08:17:23 PM »
David, If you don't find yours I got a pair of 56 Chev tailights you are welcome to. I have no plans for them and they would just go into the scrap box. My 56 race car did not have the taillights in it. These ones I have are chrome but they can be made into anything. PM me if you are interested.

MB

David Bogard

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »
Appreciate the offer but I just popped a couple off an old build and stuck them on this car for now. The build is completed and in the Open Wheel Section. Thank you!

pdaly28

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2021, 02:37:51 PM »
Pretty cool!!!!!