Author Topic: '55 Ford Modified Street Stock completed 6-30-21  (Read 4774 times)

ARCA Guy

Re: '55 Ford Modified Street Stock completed 6-30-21
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2021, 09:10:53 AM »
Nice beat up old ride! Like it!

Bob P.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 05:31:41 PM »
Nice build Brian, they ran these in the early sixties in my area. That's what they looked like after a couple weeks.

Bob

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2021, 10:24:54 PM »
  Garnered a respectful 3rd place finish in the competition class at the Prison City Modelers I.P.M.S model contest/ show in Leavenworth , Kansas a couple of weeks ago.

Again, I'd really like to thank you guys for your responses....your comments mean everything :)......this was my first judged show and first award!!! 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 07:07:28 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2021, 06:48:51 AM »
 :) Terrific !!
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Dirtman

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2021, 10:06:43 PM »
Way to go!!!!!

Rett

David Bogard

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2021, 10:20:03 PM »
Representing the STM Forum well!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Brian Conn

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 09:09:19 PM »
Representing the STM Forum well!
I do my best.....at the monthly meetings I probably sound like a pitch man for a radio commercial, sometimes, telling everyone to "Be sure and check out this build as well as the other fine builds at Short Track Models . com"   I've been told by several members that they swing by and check things out from time to time. 

I had no intentions of taking the car to the show/contest....the Ad Astra's club President started telling me back in May-June that I really need to take this to the Prison City show and enter it....told him I'd think about it.  Once I posted the finished build on June 30th here on forums and the comments started coming in, I realized that I might just have something here with this build with all of the positive reinforcement the comments where providing.  So with that being said I owe this to all you guys that posted your memories and comments....you gave me the encouragement :)     

Brian Conn

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2021, 08:10:37 PM »
  Picked up a Silver Award at today's Ad Astra Model Club A.M.P.S show

A.M.P.S judging is different from I.P.M.S in that the build is judged on its own merits verses against the rest of the builds in that class as it is with I.P.M.S  So today's Silver came in the automotive class (all non military wheeled vehicles)...there was everything from motorcycles to big rigs in the automotive class....50 to 60 entries if I had to guess.
  John Gordays builds and the '55 where the only stock cars.....I displayed the '73 Gran Torino Late Model that I am presently working on as a non judged W.I.P

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:48:42 AM by Brian Conn »

john2

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2021, 05:45:02 AM »
 :)  You mean that old wreck  beat out all of my nice shiny new  cars ????

Congrats Brian.  I am so glad that you won.  I know you worked long and hard on it.   :)

And thank you for the birthday greeting.  I cannot believe I am 82 years old.  Where did all the time go ?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 07:56:41 AM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Brian Conn

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2021, 09:39:00 PM »
....thanks John
  Like I have stated before when I was building this, I had absolutely no intentions what so ever of entering it in any shows.  It took some coercion from the club President and a couple of others that enter shows on a regular basis that I indeed had something worth judging....
  With that being said and after my Baptism by fire as far as being on a 3 man judging team (armor) yesterday I honestly believe that you have a car that would get some high end points....not best of show or best in class level.... 30 points is the maximum you could get going by the A.M.P.S judging system w/ a 3 man team.  The White #15 pictured of yours from Fri. http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=1934.0  ('63 Chevy Impala SS Late Model) would have been in the 27 point range as it sits right now.  I got gigged on points(25.5) because one of the rear wheels is not aligned as it should be...fixable, probably got that way from being transported to a couple of shows and 3 or 4 club meetings ::)