Author Topic: Feb. 25 update. 3D dirt late model work in progress  (Read 1132 times)

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Feb. 25 update. 3D dirt late model work in progress
« on: November 03, 2022, 10:18:58 PM »
Ok started messing around with this late model, we'll see how it goes. Starting with a 3D printed chassis from Ron Coon Resins. The body is from Jay's Stock Cars. I started by cutting the top off the cage, then sanding off the legs of the cage top to compensate for the body thickness. Next Ì took a 3D printed front suspension assembly from Custom Dirtcars and carefully cut off the steering assembly. Next I  removed the A frame mounts and cross member from the chassis, then narrowed the new front cross member to fit. (Chassis is 1/25 scale, front suspension is 1/24 scale). Stay tuned for more progress!   

UPDATE: Looks like I accidentally deleted some pics. Oh well, here's some new ones. I got the rear axle mounted, so it's officially a roller. Ron Coon quick change, 4 link and coil overs from Custom Dirtcars. This body is going to take a lot of sanding bedfore paint. Ugh!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 09:23:08 PM by Tom Birky »

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: 3D dirt late model work in progress
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 04:18:05 PM »
....great work with getting that 1:24 front suspension assembly attached to the 1:25 chassis.....nothing discernible with the two different scales being used together.  If I ever make my way out of the dark ages and build something modern , I'll have to give that a try. 

The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington