Author Topic: Support Your Local Track  (Read 2986 times)

David Bogard

Support Your Local Track
« on: July 03, 2021, 09:07:10 AM »
Good weekend to go support your local race track.
Or, go to a minor league baseball game.
Or, swing by a local Show and Shine.
Or, eat at a local Mom & Pop Restaurant.

Simply get off your fanny and look for a chance to support this country instead of China with your money. Look for ways to support the American way of life we all enjoyed before it's gone. God bless the USA!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:25:32 AM by David Bogard »
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

john2

Re: Support Your Local Track
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 12:40:30 PM »
 :(  Well, it sure is in doubt.  We have been on the run all week so we will stay off the roads with lemonade, chili dogs, baked fries, and apple pie with ice cream.  That's pretty American. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Maineboy

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 02:40:51 PM »
I agree with David. God Bless America! Our country needs us now more than ever before. A great weekend to go to the race track, eat out or just have quiet time with some family and friends.

And being thankful for living in the greatest nation on this earth.

Bet not too many people build models in China!

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 10:28:20 AM »
haven't been to too many races yet this summer, bat have gone to the closet track to m a couple of times. For it being so dry here in Northern Iowa this summer (again) the track has been in decent shape, not overly dry and not very dusty....car counts are down....
Ed K.

David Bogard

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 10:15:12 PM »
There has been a ton of fireworks all over the place around here! We are also going to be at the Travelers Game (AA Seattle Mariners Baseball affiliate) tonight and again Friday Night for their big fireworks show after the game. Fireworks after the races this coming Saturday Night at I-30 Speedway (July 10th).

BobD

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2021, 11:55:09 AM »
A great sentiment David (especially when it comes to races)! This summer I've made it a point (kind of like my bucket list) to attend races at tracks I've never visited before.  Besides my regular haunts of Vinton & Independence IA, made first trips to Lansing & Jackson MN, along with Stuart, Donnellson & Burlington IA.  Its been fun! I recommend it to everyone!!

David Bogard

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 10:14:31 AM »
Very cool idea Bob! Maybe you can become the next Randy Lewis, the world's #1 track chaser!

David Bogard

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 11:39:32 PM »
Bob- You (and everyone else) needs to go at least one time to Fairbury American Legion Speedway (FALS) in Fairbury Illinois. I would also highly recommend Eldora at least once. You will find absolutely state-of-the-art facilities in both places, not to mention excellent racing!

TarheelRick

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 08:00:35 AM »
I have been to Eldora once, way back in 1973.  I have an uncle that used to live outside Dayton, OH and I was stationed at Chanute AFB in ILL. I would usually go over on weekends to visit and we went to Eldora one weekend.  All I can really remember is the lack of outside walls around the curves; that may have changed since then. That was also the first dirt-track race I had been to, all my previous time had been at Bowman Gray Stadium and Hickory Speedway in NC. Even then I can remember the aura of Eldora Speedway.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

David Bogard

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 09:08:44 AM »
Wow, you were at this historic track before we all knew it would become historic! That's historic! A lot of improvements/changes have been made to this track since 1973. My first time was in 2001 when I went over and watched the first Million Dollar Dirt Track Race.

David Bogard

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 10:12:08 PM »
I had a few friends that were at Chanute AFB over in Rantoul. Heck, you had great access to countless dirt tracks back then. Danville, Kankakee, Peoria, Macon, Farmer City, Terre Haute, and on and on!

pdaly28

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »
man,i wish i could go.my conditions of deafness and lack of balance keep me home and watching on tv.no nascar

Fordguy01

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 09:57:37 PM »
Where do I begin?  First off my home track is Eagle raceway in Eagle Neb I'm a season pass holder there.  I also go to races at I-80 also in Neb, I've been to McCool Junction about 100 miles west of me (I live just south of Omaha) about 18 miles or so, My buddies and I used to take our vacations and go to Knoxville IA for the 410 Nats. We would spend the week there camping out.  Had a great time.  Have not been back for several years due to a touchy back and balance issues.  Have also been to a track in Kansas shaped like the letter D (can't think of the name of it), have also been to U.S. 36 speedway in Missouri and finally my home track back in the 60's was Capital speedway in Oregon Wisconsin  I also enjoyed races at Jefferson and Columbus 151 both also in Wisconsin.  I have also been to Pocono and Kansas Motor speedway.  Hope that's enough for you guys.  Al

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 10:21:34 PM »
.......  Have also been to a track in Kansas shaped like the letter D (can't think of the name of it),............  Al
If it was a couple hr's or so South of you on 75 then it was Thunder Hill in Mayetta OR go south of York, Neb. on 81 about an hr. to the track in Belleville, Ks.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:27:05 PM by Brian Conn »
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Fordguy01

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 10:31:55 PM »
It was the Bellevue Kansas racetrack.  Thanks for the memory jog Brian - lord knows I need em!

Al