Author Topic: The only old MPC Super Stocker I ever finished  (Read 9132 times)

sentsat71

The only old MPC Super Stocker I ever finished
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:45:47 AM »

This was the first release of this series from MPC. From what I can remember, I ended up buying a couple more, one the Dick Trickle A&W sponsored Mustang and there was another one I bought, not sure after all these years, but could have been the Jegs Camaro....I know I had the Trickle car as the A&W decals ended up on a GK sprint car....
The Chevelle body is no longer with me.....Was sent out to be cast in resin, but don't think it ever was done. Have a few "donor" kits that can be used to replace this body, though won't be a 1970 body.....have 2 or 3 other Chevelle kits that were bought back when kits were still relatively cheap (10 years ago) bought to be used with the Super Stocker chassis, as I also bought a few of the Monte Carlo and GTO Super Stocker kits around 10 years ago....
Ed K.

James2

Re: The only old MPC Super Stocker I ever finished
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 05:54:01 AM »
Great looking Chevelle...
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:56:16 PM »
Nice build. Those are pretty decent kits, I have built and modified two chassis', so far, but never with the intended bodies! The Monte Carlo could be next!

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
And I'd say finished well!!!! Nice looking Chevelle!

Rett

ausbodies

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 06:25:09 PM »
I doubt whether these kits ever made it to Australia because I have certainly never been able to snag one and I am sure I have never seen on.  Thanks for posting this - obviously it is a great foundation for a short track car.

Cheers
Alan