Author Topic: The #25 Race Team outside shots....3-15-2018  (Read 19074 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: The #25 Race Team outside shots....3-15-2018
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2018, 09:25:19 PM »
They are from Don Mills Models.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Charlie.D

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2018, 12:04:18 PM »
Where did the camper come from. Or is it scratch build camper
Charlie Daniel

Gary Davis

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »
What do you use the electric toothbrushes for? Maybe polishing? They're either a true modeling trick or you have the best looking teeth in town!  ;D
The tooth brushes are used for sanding. I save the heads from my reg. toothbrush and cut the bristles off and then shape the tip to what I need. I then cut a double sided(sticky both sides)thin foam pad onto the new shaped head...trim to the shape and then attach the grit of sand paper that I want. It works great.

Where did the camper come from. Or is it scratch build camper
The Camper is completely fabbed from plans that I drew up. I used Evergreen  Plastic shapes and sheet for the material. The rear bumper was completely scratch built using Diamond plate from Don Mills and shot with the air brush with ALSA Mirror Chrome.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:56:26 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Gary Davis

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:21 PM »
Hey David...I'm using the Phillips Sonicare e-series tooth brush. That's for my teeth and for the model sander( NOT the same handle for the teeth...LOL). So...it works out pretty good for replacement heads for the sander. Right now I've got plenty of heads in the storage box.  The cheapest place I found to get one of those Brushes is at Target. I think thet're around $60.00. That's cheaper than Micro Marks electric model sander.  I get the head refills at Walmart. They come in sets of three for around $20.00 some dollars. The double sided sticky Foam I found at Michael's Craft store.

TLouis

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2022, 11:17:35 AM »
This looks awesome, I love it.

Gary Davis

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2022, 01:47:12 PM »
Thanks for the look-in and compliment Slimster! Good to see ya posting...