Author Topic: SRX Racing Series  (Read 2470 times)

David Bogard

SRX Racing Series
« on: August 02, 2021, 03:39:34 PM »
I have seen a little bit of this SRX Racing Series and I actually like it quite a bit better than what NASCAR has become.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 03:41:17 PM by David Bogard »
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

john2

Re: SRX Racing Series
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 07:09:05 PM »
 :) I watched all of it and really enjoyed it.  I guess the bodies on those cars are something they made up.  I never heard. The little door that helps them get in and out is cool.   Kinda funny though,  that Stewart won the championship of his own series.  What's wrong with that picture ?

For the 1st time since 1963 I am not watching any NASCAR.  It's a mess, and Ryan Newman is the only one left that I enjoy watching race, and Roush gives him a second 10 car. 

I have been following the Whelen Modifieds by computer, and the 1 hour replays on NBCSN, which shuts down at the end of the year.  What then ?

Sure hope that Salvinos actually does that modified. 

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Maineboy

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »
I have not followed NASCAR for many years now. I don't have room enough on this page to list all the reasons why. I watch old NASCAR race videos on Youtube now and then. Some of the comments beneath those old race videos are not kindly at all towards what NASCAR has become today. I followed NASCAR a lot in the 60's. Always admired Junior Johnson, partlly because he campaigned Chevrolet cars more often than not. I liked the individuality of the cars like the Chrysler winged cars, the fastbacks from Ford, the Chevy "Mystery motors" and so on. Every car was different, a lot of ingenuity went into each and every car. All the cars were easily recognized on the track.  Today, to me at least, all cars seem to look about the same and are built about the same. Whoever thought Toyota would be involved in it someday?

I have liked the modifieds  ever since I was first interested in circle track racing. I got magazines and read everything I could about them. Martinsville was a hot bed for them then and still is. They often had shorter modified races as a prelude to some of the big track events. To me they have always seemed to be more purpose built race cars than most anything else.  Junior Johnson started out with no money. He would drive any car that was available. Most good drivers got into it the same way. Now millionaires are running the whole show and it seems to be all about money.  Good reasons to support your local track....if you still have one.

My local track:      https://www.speedway95racing.com/

Speedway 95, Bangor, ME

My youngest son told me this week that he is on the verge of jumping into the "Sport 4" racing at Speedway 95. He wants to advertise his business with this venture, plus he loves building things like race cars. I am urging him on as best I can. I told him it can hook you in pretty good.....and that's not a bad thing for a young guy today. More than a few guys who started on this track are now touring all over the east coast. It has a way of getting into your blood.....and your wallet.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

David Bogard

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 09:31:55 PM »
That is one of the primary reasons for the new SRX Series (among others). It is to allow for cars of generally equal ability to race each other and put more of it in the driver's hands. The cars are well built from a safety stand point but they are not the "fastest" by any stretch.  A Lucas DLM would destroy them on the dirt while an ARCA car, a Super Late Model or some similar thing would beat them on the asphalt. But then again, that's the beauty of it all. The idea is to have dependable and safe race cars that allow for good racing. Period. I like the concept and hope to see more of it!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/