Author Topic: Foose Question  (Read 1910 times)

john2

Foose Question
« on: August 03, 2021, 07:16:21 AM »
 :)  I see many of these Foose Ford pickups built.  All seem to have the stock kit hip hop wheels on them.  Does nothing else fit to give you a little bit of originality ?
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

john2

Re: Foose Question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 03:49:21 PM »
 :)  I guess .........  no one knows.

But ..................  the SHADOW does. 

Maineboy

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 08:10:19 PM »
Alan Mayes is the head man of "Ol Skool Rods" magazine. In the begining it was for poor man's rods built out of whatever. Many were called "rat rods" and I think the magazine made that name popular. I subscribed for years. Some of those early featured rat rods looked really dangerous in parts such as steering and so on. Hope not many tried to copy some of those ideas.

Alan Mayes has been the head honcho of the outfit for years. They also publish a Kustom Car magazine. Mayes said one time a few years back "not to mix eras".  Meaning you don't put baby buggy wheels and tires on a 34 coupe rod. When I see someone showing a 56 chevy hardtop with 21 inch wheels and little skinny tires on it I just want to throw up.   A fiftie's ford pickup should have chrome reversed or a set of mags that were popular in the 60's. Anything else just turns me off. But that's just me.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

Marty W

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 08:18:53 PM »
Alan Mayes has been the head honcho of the outfit for years. They also publish a Kustom Car magazine. Mayes said one time a few years back "not to mix eras".  Meaning you don't put baby buggy wheels and tires on a 34 coupe rod. When I see someone showing a 56 chevy hardtop with 21 inch wheels and little skinny tires on it I just want to throw up.

Anybody who does that, should be pulled over, and have their car impounded.  ;D

David Bogard

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 09:41:28 PM »
The bag is in the seat back in front of you. . .

I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Dirtman

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 08:01:27 AM »
Those rims and tires make me gag! But, I  guess it's the era we live in! Remember the era that the rear ends got jacked up so high ya had to have ladder to open the trunk? lol

Rett

Maineboy

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 05:39:14 PM »
......"Those rims and tires make me gag!"......

Yep, me too. I think probably that is just us showing our age. I see lots of things besides cars that we would never have seen in our youth. Ol Skool Rods is still hanging on while others have folded up.  I was getting a subscription to Hot Rod magazine for $1 per month. I got Car Craft for nothing for over 3 yrs and they had a few good articles about home built drag cars which I liked but most of this is not appealing to me either. I think those kinds of wheels were popular with the low-rider culture from some years back and the wheel and tire guys just love new ideas and new equipment to sell. Works I would say by what I see on the streets. My next door neighbor has got a 57 Ford 300 sedan, that I just love. Only issue is it is a four door. But still nice to look at. There is a 56 BelAir 2 dr sedan around that I see a lady driving most of the time.....saw it out yesterday.  Real nice restored original. Put some nice Cragar mags on it with some nice tires and a dual exhaust and tinker with the motor and you would have my kind of 55 Chev. The few I see around here all belong to people like me who are not young anymore....sadly.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

john2

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 06:47:37 PM »
 :)  Would still like to have an answer to my original question --------------  if there is one.