Construction Topics > Fab shop-under construction pics

1980 Steve Holzhausen Fairmont

(1/5) > >>

David Bogard:
Wisconsin's Steve Holzhausen raced for a long time and always seemed to have a knack for keeping his car under him in long races and in good shape for the dash at the end. Almost always a Ford man, back in 1980 he campaigned a Ford Fairmont that was sharp looking and wicked fast. I am in the very early concept stages of building a tribute to that race car. So far I have cleaned up a little bit of the very old resin body, have started to straighten it (warped and twisted), and have begun to envision the modifications to attain the "look" of the real car. Very early but this one will need a little thought and planning ahead of time.

Dirtman:
Got a good start on a great looking (and fast) car. Looking forward to seeing this one done!

Rett

Brian Conn:
Man...it sure is great to see you building this...I cant recall seeing any Fairmont Futura builds anywhere except at Scott Popham's site http://www.futurattraction.com/index.html and this very well could be the first stock car build utilizing this body......at least from what I have seen. 
   That 440 engine (side of hood scoop) was a 351 Windsor stroker just in case you got some spare NASCAR kit Ford engines around.

Looking forward to seeing you complete this one for sure :)   

David Bogard:
Yep, I plan to use an old Ford NASCAR kit to get bearings underneath. The body lines and detail are pretty nice; I've just had it too long and it has warped in the garage heat. It will be a challenge but the results could be worth it!

Brian Conn:

--- Quote from: David Bogard on August 26, 2021, 11:30:28 PM ---................ it has warped in the garage heat.........

--- End quote ---
  I had you figured as being the kind of man that would have central A/C in the garage as well  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version