Author Topic: Severe weather ...Neb. & Ia.  (Read 1697 times)

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Severe weather ...Neb. & Ia.
« on: December 15, 2021, 03:47:35 PM »
Lets be careful out there today/tonight.....
  Eastern Nebraska and the state of Iowa are under the gun for the possibility of Tornado's along with wind gust in excess of 80 m.p.h    guys like Fordguy01 (Al) in Plattsmouth, Ne. , sentsat71 (Ed) in Fenton , Ia. and Tom Birky are all in the areas that could be impacted by this severe weather event.

Haven't heard if anyone got caught up in any of the tornadic activity from last Friday night or not that impacted N.E Arkansas, Western Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri and Illinois ......The cell that would go on to produce the large, long track tornado that hit Mayfield, Kentucky started to form North East of Little Rock, Arkansas, some what close to where David Bogard calls home.

***As I finish typing this, Tornado warnings are just now being issued aprox. 45-50 miles West of here***
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Re: Severe weather ...Neb. & Ia.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 05:40:31 PM »
Hang onto your hat Ed!

Tb

john2

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 09:12:48 AM »
 :) Captain Mike and wife live about 8 miles from Mayfield, Ky.  They are fine.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 11:07:34 AM »
Survived the storms of last night.

The NOAA raido I have kept going off constantly for a few hours last evening, as did the town's tornado warning siren. but have not heard if nay acutally toluched down. the lead T-storm really went through rather quickly, but after it passed things somewhat quieted down....though woke up in the weehours of this morning and wind was really glowing. Still rather breezy, but not like last night. Temps really dropped s well. at minimum of 30 degrees from yesterdzay....

Have not ventured outside as of yet, so don't know how things look around my small town. in just looking out my front and back door, nothing of significance seems to have happened.

Ed
Ed K.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 10:16:00 PM »
...From the reports that I have seen from last night and today, the Eastern 3rd of Nebraska and Iowa where the hardest hit with Tornados and damaging winds in excess of 75 m.p.h thru out.  The only exception appears to be extreme North West Iowa that was spared the brunt of the storm.
  I took down most of the Christmas display and hauled in the wind chimes and bird feeders outside Tues. night after work to hopefully mitigate storm damage.  Ended up with small limbs debris in the front and back yards...no biggy.
  Lost the flag mount that was attached to the garage door frame...American flag and staff retrieved from the side yard between our house and the neighbors....looked for it a while today....could be in Nebraska :o
  Still parts of Topeka with out power tonight....   
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 12:52:17 PM »
All good in eastern Iowa. Some wind and rain. Just another spring day!

Tb