Author Topic: BDR Whelen Modified request  (Read 1877 times)

Duane Garner

BDR Whelen Modified request
« on: December 15, 2021, 12:45:51 PM »
Does anyone have a suggestion for a chassis to use with the Big Donkey Resin #083 Whelen modified body?

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: BDR Whelen Modified request
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 09:58:38 PM »
....Salvino's was supposed to have a modified out by now according to what they they where telling everyone aprox. a year ago that would have been a decent candidate for what you are wanting to do >:(

With that being said, here is a link to a Nascar Featherlite build from here in the forums:
   http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=131.0
 Gary states that this was a "Heavily modified chassis is from an ASA kit."  I have also seen NASCAR frames/cages scratch built into a plausible modified chassis.  Which ever way you decided to go, it will take some scratch building......
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Duane Garner

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 09:08:57 AM »
Thanks Brian, that's a starting point. I too have heard about the Salvino's modified. Seeing is believing, as they say!

David Bogard

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 11:03:22 AM »
I used that BDR body as well as his wheels and tires for this build. As far as the chassis goes, I started with an old 90's AMT NASCAR kit and worked the frame from there. 
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Duane Garner

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 01:19:45 PM »
Nice, thanks for the information.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 03:38:36 PM »
Got some more.......

I have no idea who the builder was....so I cant give any credit.  Used an A.S.A kit frame and front suspension, scratch built interior.

Another possibility.......

Dug this out of my stash...I.M.S.A Mustang chassis..... items that could be used for a modified build include detailed 4 link rear suspension, coil overs front and rear, under rail rear frame section, detailed interior, detailed air box/shroud and radiator, detailed fuel cell all out of the box.  A future 4 link dirt late model build for me.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

Duane Garner

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 10:36:56 AM »
Thanks for the information. I've been accumulating parts/kits for this build for a number of years. Guess I'd better pull the trigger on it!