Author Topic: I've been here in while I've doing okay  (Read 1492 times)

Charlie.D

I've been here in while I've doing okay
« on: January 23, 2022, 10:45:02 AM »
Still dealing with my depression big time and Parkerson disease it sucks
Charlie Daniel

Maineboy

Re: I've been here in while I've doing okay
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 03:41:01 PM »
Charlie, you have all my sympathy.  I had my right shoulder and left knee replaced in the last 12 months. I am due to have the other knee replace late winter or early spring. And just found out this past week that I will need to replace the left hip. It is very hard for me to walk, as the pain is pretty rugged.  I am used to working and frustrated that I can't do much of it. I get depressed too as I keep thinking the more they work on me the worse I seem to end up. I have to force myself to get up and go do stuff. I work around the dooryard as I can and do house chores. Working on my models helps some too as it  takes my mind off of it.

I had a school teacher many years ago who told me not to focus on the bad stuff, but to try to focus on the bright spots as much as you can. I have battled depression a lot and it is a mind game. When I find myself thinking about bad stuff I get a book to read, work on my model car or see what  is going on in the world. Have to get my mind off of my troubles. I understand your position, hope you can find ways to think about the good things in life. Best of luck my friend.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

john2

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 07:39:54 AM »
 :) Thanks for checking in, Charlie.  I too have times of depression.  I think the majority of people do, particularly in the winter months.  May  help to just ease up on yourself.  Give yourself a break.

And there is Memphis in June to look forward to.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 11:59:03 AM »
And the new Ford hauler...better start cleaning the work bench!

Tb

john2

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 06:30:49 PM »
 :)  Yes - he does love those haulers. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4