Author Topic: '31 Ford Rat Rod  (Read 1510 times)

Dirtman

'31 Ford Rat Rod
« on: April 09, 2022, 10:58:27 PM »
Had some stuff laying around! Body channeled, '50 Ford tailites, top chopped, but not finished, a little speed stuff for the original 4cyl and awaaaayyy I gooooo!IMG_0011 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0010 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0012 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0008 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr
It ain't pretty, but I guess it wasn't supposed to be!
Rett

Maineboy

Re: '31 Ford Rat Rod
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 08:01:30 AM »
Rett,     

I am sitting here just enjoying my first cup of coffee and admiring just how cool that car is. Pretty radical chop! I have always liked the "rat rods" because the builders are just showing their personal creativity, like the people who built the Jalopy and early mod race cars did. No two ever looked the same. I used to love Ol Skool magazine during it's early years and was a subscriber. It had tons of cars just like this in it, some truly far out but fun to admire anyway. Now Ol Skool caters to the high dollar advertisers and the only cars shown belong to guys who can afford $10,000 frames and $10,000 bodies, and can pay someone else to do the work on em. When  I got involved in dirt track racing in the early 60's you had to build your own car, and it always looked it, like this little creation of yours shows the talents of the builder.  In the real world you would not find another that looked just like yours. Great job.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

Dirtman

Re: '31 Ford Rat Rod
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 09:32:02 AM »
When I started this, it wasn't going to be a rat rod. The top chop wasn't working so well, so I decided to just stop working on that and build whatever came out of my head! I remember the days you talked about. I started racing in '66, nothing was pro built! Sooo, I can definitely relate to what you talked about! Anyway, thanks for the comments!
Rett