Jonathan Davenport 2019 World 100 winner...finished

Started by Tom Birky, June 20, 2022, 10:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Birky

Brewster Baker throwback car finished. Big thanks to Ron Coon Resins, Dennis Satorious at Dynomite Decals and Dwight at Custom dirtcars for all of the great parts and decals. I entered it at the Heartland Nationals model show in Kansas City a couple of weeks ago and was honored to win a 1st in the close fendered racing class. Thx to everyone here for all the nice comments and encouragement during this marathon build!

Tom

supergluek5

Tom,

That is one fantastic build Sir.  Your late model builds are amazing

supergluek5
Mike
There's only 3 sports--racing, racing, and more racing

Volzfan59

"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Dirtman

BobD

Wow Tom! I understand why it was a "marathon" build.  Super attention to detail and top-notch craftsmanship!! Congrats on the win!

TarheelRick

You were robbed, that should have got "Best in Show".  Beautiful build.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Tom Birky

That's nice of you to say, but it's nowhere near the quality of Clay Kemp's sprint car or pro stocker he had entered. I'm just floored that I placed in closed fender cars. There were so many good builds there in all classes. I sure get a lot of ideas and motivation after a good show like the K.C.Slammers put on.

Tom

john2

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Maineboy

Tom,

That is an awesome piece of work. All the detail work is just outstanding. You obviously have a tremendous amount of patience.

MB

"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

Michael F

Greetings from Germany!

Bob P.

RCR