Author Topic: chopped '49 Merc  (Read 1227 times)

Dirtman

chopped '49 Merc
« on: October 06, 2022, 11:13:17 AM »
IMG_4957 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_4960 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0010 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0011 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0012 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0012 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0014 by Rett Rundell, on FlickrIMG_0015 by Rett Rundell, on Flickr
Been working on this one, on and off for a couple of years! I bought it, partly chopped, for $3. It's chopped, shaved, hood and trunk corners rounded, frenched headlights, taillights, molded bumpers, added cruiser skirt, custom hub caps, and white walls. Dodge motor with 2 4bbls.I think I'd rather have built a real one!!!!

Bob P.

Re: chopped '49 Merc
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 10:41:54 AM »
Nice build, well done.

Bob

Maineboy

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 07:42:18 PM »
That little number is one of the all time classic custom cars in American history. When I was barely a teenager I was looking at the car magazines on the rack that had cars like this in them. There is one of these about 25 miles from me just sitting in back of a guy's house out in the open and he won't part with it. Nice job on this one. But I agree it would have been much or more fun to have built a real one. Body work like that takes real skill in steel. Come to think of it that kind of work takes real skill in 1/25 too. Sweet looking little buggy and I love the color too.

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

Dirtman

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 10:13:44 PM »
Tks guys. And yes, I had Rod & Custom, Hot Rod, and several other car mags. Had a 20 some years of collection, all mint. Then came the racing mags, Stock Car and Open Wheel . Got rid of them all when I moved to Florida. As they say, been there done that. I had a couple of chopped ones along the way too.
Rett