Author Topic: Off-line for Awhile  (Read 1597 times)

TarheelRick

Off-line for Awhile
« on: November 25, 2022, 03:26:56 PM »
Will be going in Tuesday (Nov 29th) for a total right knee replacement.  Once released from the hospital I will be in an in-patient rehab facility for a short time, at least I hope for a short time, probably ten days to two weeks.  I will not have access to a computer.  Have been putting this off as long as I could stand it and the shots worked, but they are now lasting a few days and the pain returns, so it is time to go under the knife.  Had the left one done back in '13 so I am not unfamiliar with what to expect.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Re: Off-line for Awhile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 05:49:04 PM »
 ....Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and return to the forums.  As far as the computer situation goes, any chance of using a smartphone,Iphone or tablet while your in?
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

john2

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 06:33:11 PM »
 :)  Well, glad you can get this done, and sad that you will be laid up for a while. 

Anne says to tell you to get lots of books to read, and crossword puzzles to do. 

Wishing you all the best.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 09:39:22 AM »
Wishing you a speedy rehab Rick.

Tom

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 03:55:48 PM »
Hope ALL goes well with the surgery, Rick. And to having a quick and healthy recovery.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Maineboy

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 08:10:49 AM »
Rick, 

Hope it all goes as well for you as it did for me.

Had my left knee replaced in March of 2021. Had the left hip replaced in May of this year. Like you I stood it as long as I could. I am getting around well now and can do a reasonable amount of work and can stay on my feet for hours. Glad I had it done and grateful for the skills that gave me some badly needed new parts. I worked in commercial fishing and construction work all of my life. And that is hard on the body. Parts wear out just like ball joints in the front end of my truck. At age 75 I am beginning to think this "aging thing" sucks pretty good. 

MB
"Rodder, racer,  builder, farmer, backyard engineer"

TarheelRick

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 06:56:54 PM »
Came home from rehab this afternoon, feels good to be back in some familiar territory.  Knee just starting to get a bit of flex, but it causes some anxious moments.  I guess rehab facilities are alright for some people, but I felt like I was in prison. Anyway, back online.  Just checked some of the awesome builds I missed, some really good stuff.

Dirtman

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 10:03:41 PM »
Good to see you back!!!!

Rett

john2

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2022, 06:13:31 AM »
 :)  Ditto.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2022, 12:45:11 PM »
Good to see ya posting again Rick! Hope your rehab goes easy and painless as possible for you.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

TarheelRick

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 02:02:48 PM »
Thanks guys.  Since I have now officially "retired" from driving a school bus, I need to get this knee in working order so I can get into the basement, clean up my workbench and get back to building. I have a variety of builds in work; fenderless late model, full custom, front wheel drive hauler, and a myriad of others, plus in-mind projects.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2022, 02:02:30 PM »
  Good to see you back on the forum :)   Any idea how much longer it will be til you are able to navigate the basement stairs safely?
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

TarheelRick

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2022, 10:57:10 AM »
Not really sure Brian.  My in-home therapist is on the way here as I type this.  Maybe she can give me some idea.  I am guessing at least after the first of the year, three weeks.