Author Topic: My Attempt at the Salvino Modified  (Read 3192 times)

Danh4

Re: My Attempt at the Salvino Modified
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2023, 03:02:22 PM »
Only recently discovered those fenderwell panels.  So appreciate your thoughts on the rubber bands.
[/quote]

I'm surprised that the instructions have you glue those inner fender panels to the frame first and then just hope that they line up with the wheel openings later.  I'm pretty sure mine would not have but I could be wrong based on how well everything else has fit together.

-Dan

Danh4

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2023, 03:07:49 PM »
It's looking great to me, Dan. Looking forward to seeing the panels on the car.

Thanks!  I'm starting to see that the end is in sight and I'm looking forward to it too.  I'll probably build a couple more but I won't add all the extra wiring and hoses around the engine, it is all going to be invisible unless I leave the hood off.

-Dan

Danh4

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2023, 02:49:43 PM »
Thought I'd better post a couple more progress photos before it gets much farther along.  First one is the finished chassis except for the carb, need to find some good reference pics to see where linkage goes, etc.  Last night I decaled the tires and this morning I added the decals to the body panels.  I'll give them a few days to dry and then spray a coat of Future over them.  I read somewhere that it's a good idea to let lacquer paints cure for a week or so before overcoating with Future so I'm in no hurry.

-Dan

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2023, 10:34:24 PM »
That's really looking good Dan..
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Danh4

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2023, 05:36:25 AM »
That's really looking good Dan..

Thanks!  I'm pretty happy with how it is going but a little worried about the adhesion of the decals.  I was cleaning out the holes for the nerf bars to mount in and the adjacent decal lifted from the surface.  I brushed a little Future under the loose area to get it back down but I wonder what's holding the rest of them on.  Is it a bad idea to apply decals directly over Lacquer paint?

-Dan

Danh4

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2023, 07:19:00 PM »
Finished it!  A few little mistakes here and there but I know what to look out for on the next one now.  I really enjoyed every minute spent on this kit, it is a gem!

-Dan

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2023, 11:55:32 PM »
That sure turned out GREAT Dan! It looks fast just sitting there.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

TonyK

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2023, 08:14:49 AM »
Looks great! Glad you enjoyed it.

john2

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2023, 08:21:13 AM »
 :)  Very nice.  I'll be using your pictures to finish mine, but I'm pretty slow. 

Great job. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Volzfan59

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2023, 03:30:26 PM »
You did an amazing job, thank you for sharing. Like John, I'll be using your photos as a reference too.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Michael F

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2023, 04:44:33 PM »
Very nice job!! I like the tiretreat, looks real  8)
Greetings from Germany!

Bob P.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2023, 08:17:08 AM »
Very nice build, Well done!

Bob