Other > Trucks, trailer and Haulers

Race car hauler project, help needed

(1/1)

Volzfan59:
Somewhere along the way, maybe on the old Fred's Resin Workshop forum, I saw a race car hauler, combining the AMT Ford LN-8000 bed and an AMT C-600 cab over body. Not sure about which chassis was used or modifications made. Now that I've returned to the hobby, I'm wanting to build this but can't seem to find anything about it. After speaking about it with my friend "Speedracer", he suggested that I ask the forum folks. Have any of you built anything like this or possibly remember it? I've made a deal on an LN-8000 and have a resin sleeper for a C-600, still need to buy a C-600 kit. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Brian Conn:
  Back in the early to mid 70's there were a few of the Ford C series haulers being used by the NASCAR teams...Bud Moore comes to mind...here's an example of Jody Ridley's  http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=702.0 .Ford also had their own C-900 for the factory backed rides from the late 60's...the 17 car I believe when it was a '69 Torino.  Here is another example of the 17 car and its hauler http://www.shorttrackmodels.com/index.php?topic=411.0
   Vaguely remember the car hauler you mentioned.  Working on a Ford C-900 trash truck as I type.

Volzfan59:
Thank you Brian. In your opinion, would the C-900 be the more appropriate kit to use?

Brian Conn:
  All the kits that AMT offers are technically the C-900, why AMT molded 800 into the emblems and marketed them as a C- 600 (stake truck, Hostess cake delivery, the tractor portion of the tractor trailer kits) is anybodies bet.
  If you want to do some kit bashing or scratch building, the AMT Ford C-series offers its self up to diesel power ( the kits come with a 534 C/I gas engine) or manual transmission(kit comes with an Allison auto trans.) stretching the frame and adding rear tandems....the possibilities are practically endless.

I got some P.E for my trash truck build, basically cab enhancement....the pieces look awesome...cant wait to get it all together.     

Volzfan59:
Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version