Author Topic: Anyone working on anything?  (Read 2143 times)

Grt222

Re: Anyone working on anything?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 08:59:07 PM »
I have 3 started at the moment

Big Orange

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2024, 08:05:47 AM »
It’s been forever since I’ve been on here, sorry gang. My first time back at the bench was last year, on one of the new modified builds…..it left me MAJORLY frustrated, and the build ended up in a smashed pile of plastic (I’m SO disappointed in that kit, in more ways than one)

Anyway, I opened another modified kit (I’m a glutton for punishment) that is coming along better, and I’m going for a ‘retro’ modified build with it. If I can figure out how to post pics, I’ll try taking a few, of the current state, today, since it’s supposed to be a miserable day in my part of the woods.
My worst day of building STILL beats my best day at work !!

Volzfan59

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 05:36:25 PM »

I've got a short track Busch Grand National started. It's the Sterling Marlin #14 TN Vols national championship car from the 1999 racing season (championship was won in 1998). Been wanting to do this one since I got back in the hobby a couple of years ago. So far, so good but everything is in the the pre-build, painting phase. I've been a TN Vols fan all of my life.

Finished the #25 Galaxie Modified Stocker a week or so ago. Speedracer and I did a buddy build. I really enjoy those old modified stocker kits. Got several more lined up to build.

Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 09:42:00 AM by Volzfan59 »
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Volzfan59

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2024, 03:26:38 PM »
Just when I had figured out how to post pictures, things changed. I completed my #14 Tennessee Volunteer BGN Monte Carlo driven by Sterling Marlin. Tried to post pictures but they were to big. Have to thank my friend "Speedracer" for sending me a replacement hood. The original crazed over badly while painting. Hopefully I can save it.  Now he and I are doing another buddy build. This time utilizing the AMT Groove Boss super modified.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Speedracer

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 06:13:36 PM »
Finished my buddy build 65 Galaxie with Volzfan59, then complete the 65 GTO, both from the AMT modified stocker series. Now we're working on the AMT Groove Boss supermodified as a buddy build. Time has not been kind to this kit, but we are working our way through it. If anyone has the AMT #6511 Grant King sprint car it, with the "wedge version" option, the instructions for that kit will make building the Groove Boss kit much easier, just saying!