Author Topic: Introduce yourself.....  (Read 90230 times)

MarkJ

Re: Introduce yourself.....
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 04:39:33 PM »
Hey guys. Looks like a great board here. Looking forward to participating. Been doing this stuff since about 2007 when I got reintroduced to the hobby. I mostly do Nascar builds but you never know what I might want to try in the future. Thanks, Gary for the invite.

john2

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
 :)  Glad  to have you with us, Mark.  Pretty good bunch of guys here.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 06:15:24 PM »
Welcome Mark! Always like seeing your builds on Randy's board.

tom

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 06:54:23 PM »
Heck yea...Glad you made over Mark!
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 12:29:37 PM »
Hello Mark, welcome!

ARCA Guy

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »
(ARCA Guy) Jim Hehl  47 years young and holdover from Fred's site.  Born and raised in Flat Rock Mi., I split the cold weather after college to sunny south Florida. Started building in the 70's when I was a young kid, didn't have any patience with it, mostly got glue on fingers and sniffed it as well! I spent most of my weekends growing up in the summer's at Flat Rock and Toledo Speedways idolizing Joy Fair, my hero in short track racing!

I really gave up modeling for years for chasing girls and having a good time, until it was time to get serious about work and family.  I by accident a few years back stumbled onto a site which Rod McLeod (Statsman) had built a Bobby Allison Camaro. I reached out to Rod and started supplying him a bunch of short track photos which I collected and we became friends and partners in creating some nice decals for all the replica builds. That really got me back into building and have been churning them out ever since!

Thanks for those who took the time and effort to start this page up. It's a pleasure being here with all the fine builders we have!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:29:30 PM by ARCA Guy »

Gary Davis

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »
Good to see ya here Jim. Looking forward to seeing some of your builds....
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 09:33:24 AM »
Welcome, Jim, to our little corner of model car building...
Ed K.

BobD

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 05:26:51 PM »
Hello all....
         Bob Dixon  - born, raised & still live in Waterloo, IA.   66 years old, got my first model kit for my 9th birthday, a 1959 Ford hardtop (still have the original box).  Built models up until about 1972 then the usual story - more work and responsibility, got married, one daughter.
         Got back into modeling with a few Nascar kits in the early 2000s.  My main building interest are replica race cars from the late 50s to early 70s that competed in NE Iowa.  Still attend regular weekly races at Independence & Vinton, Iowa. 
          Really enjoy the fellowship of everyone on this site along with the "works-in-progress" and completed builds.

Gary Davis

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »
Hey Bob...Welcome aboard...it is a good site to see Talent...that's for sure. Looking forward to seeing some of your work...

Prostreeter69

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 09:22:36 PM »
Hey guys!

Jon Williams is my given name but have been called all kinds. I'm 47 have grew up Little Rock and currently live just north of the river in a place called Maumelle. As a youngster I spent every Saturday night at I-30 watching a guy named Wayne Brooks drive his UFO.  As far as modeling goes I started somewhere around 13 and had a slight derailment with girls and gasoline. I build mostly street cars/trucks of one kind or another with the occasional drag and dirt car in there.

I have a lovely wife who I've been married to for 25 years and one son. When I'm not working on boilers (the job) I enjoy playing with our real car a 64 valiant which the wife had when we got married.

That's me.
Jon
Mopar or no-car

Gary Davis

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Hey Jon...welcome. Looking forward to seeing your work...

triple97s

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 02:30:53 PM »
I'm Ron Olene, 67,Princeton Mn. and another Fred's Resin Workshop guy. I am retired and worked at Princeton Speedway. Anything dealing with dirt racing is okay with me.

sentsat71

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »
Welcome, Ron! 
Ed K.

jlhboys1969

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »
Howdy All

It's been a while for me. Well after some time a way ready to get back to it seen some of y'all on Facebook. Ran it too John B at a show today in Houston area got too talking with him and decided to look you up. I don't know the pace that I'll be building but I will build. Btw I Joe 48 and live in Conroe Tx