Author Topic: Introduce yourself.....  (Read 89009 times)

john2

Re: Introduce yourself.....
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2022, 05:58:47 PM »
 :)  Knoxville         Volz     football fan  Manning fan    no doubt.  lol
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Volzfan59

« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2022, 07:19:17 PM »
Brother, I've been a Vols fan since birth! I love Payton, he's a great guy, great quarterback from a great football family.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2022, 08:50:48 PM »
Welcome Steve! Glad to have you here. Post questions, post pics, whatever you like. We like all skill levels and theres alot of great builders here to bounce ideas off of.

Tom

Volzfan59

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2022, 09:22:46 PM »
Thanks Tom! I should have added to my introduction that I an seriously deficient in all things technology related meaning I have no idea how to post pictures.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

MrIndy77

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2022, 01:03:19 AM »
Cal Wood, 55, hailing from Hudson Wi, I grew up watching the MSA(Midwest Sprint Association) run at North Star, Princeton, Cedar Lake, Hutchinson, Fairmont. Knoxville and Jackson during the 70's and 80's.  I have been building models fro40+ years and for 3 years it was a full time job.

john2

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2022, 06:16:39 AM »
 :)  Glad you guys are here.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Duane Garner

« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2022, 06:34:37 PM »
My name is Duane Garner, I'm 67 years old, living in Clovis, NM. I've  been modeling all my life: before my 6th birthday I wuz the disassembler of my older brothers models, after age 6, I started putting them together for myself and have continued to do so throughout my life. You name it, I've built one of them; boats, airplanes, figures, animals, transformers, sci-fi, cars, etc. I'm a USAF retiree currently holding a job as my church's maintenance man. I've  been married 3 times with two daughters, 4 grandkids and 1 great-great grandchild. I've been to every state in the union, lived in half of them, plus all of the world except Russia! I'm an 11 time mini-stock champion at Clovis Motorsports Park. My current model kick is DIRT L/M's and Vintage Outlaw and Sportsman Modifieds. I'm by no means tech savvy, just got a smart phone, which is much smarter than I, and bought a tablet to watch YouTube videos on. This forum was recommended to me by a good modeling friend, Jim Folkers. I'm totally impressed by the models I've seen here, y'all rock!

Sam I Am

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2023, 07:38:39 PM »
Hey everyone. Sam here. I perused the member list and recognize quite a few. I haven't been on a short track forum since Fred's. I accidentally came across this one, and since I plan on building a Falcon (yes, one of Fred's) soon, I decided to join up. I am going to go poke around for awhile.  Thanks for having me.

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2023, 08:39:07 PM »
Welcome Sam! Lots of good stuff here for sure. Everyone's welcome! Although we heavily favor short track, all builds and experience levels welcome. Several new members here, please feel welcome to introduce yourselves and post some pics.

Danh4

« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2023, 09:35:24 AM »
Hello all, thanks for having me in the group!  I live in Upstate NY, am just about to turn 60 years old, and have been modeling most of my life. I joined because I love racing of all types and especially Nascar Modifieds.  I am primarily a 1/72 aircraft modeler but I just had to get the modified kit from Salvinos and I'm getting along pretty well with it.  My hat is off to all of you who build such beautiful models in this scale.  I had big ideas about adding all sorts of wiring and hoses and that is proving to be not as easy as it looks!

-Dan

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2023, 01:25:56 PM »
Welcome aboard to both of you two. Looking forward to seeing your work.
I really would like to your see Modified build, Dan.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 03:58:07 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Danh4

« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2023, 02:11:31 PM »
Welcome aboard to both of you two. Looking forward to seeing your work.
I really would like to your Modified build, Dan.

Thanks Gary!  I just posted a few photos of my modified in that part of the forum, feel free to give any advice you see fit!

-Dan

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2023, 03:58:42 PM »
cool...I'll go there right now..
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."