Author Topic: Using Flickr  (Read 27540 times)

Tom Birky

• Administrator
Using Flickr
« on: July 20, 2017, 11:18:59 PM »
I'll try to walk through using Flickr to post pics. I always arrange my cars in folders to keep them as separate projects and easy to find.

1. Open Flickr and sign into your acct.
2. To download one or more pics....hover your arrow over the little white cloud with the arrow in the upper tool bar. Click on the cloud.
3. Now you're ready to upload pics! You can open the file on your computer in another window and drag photos and drop them on the black upload page or click on the word ADD with the little plus sign in the left side of the tool bar and pick them from your files one by one. Each time you want to add another photo to upload just click on the ADD button and choose another pic.
4. Ok..this step is important! Lets say you have 4 cars on the upload page. Now click on the word ALL with the little pink box around it in the toolbar. This will highlight all of your pics with a pink border. This enables you to upload them all in one shot.
5.Now...you can click on the blue box all the way to the right on the tool bar and it will upload  you photos to your 'photostream'. That just places them in your Flickr acct but not in any certain arrangement.  IF you want to start a folder for one particular model, now is the time to do it!
6. UPLOADING TO AN ALBUM> To the left of your pics...there is a column of choices of what to do with the pics. Click on Add To Albums
7. The Album box will pop up...and you can click on Create a New Album
8.Now you can make up a name for your new album...example...Bob Smith's Hot Modified!  then click the Done button.
9.Now you can click on the Upload Photos blue button on the right side of the tool bar. It will ask you if you want to upload. Yes!
10. The screen will hop back to your photostream and you'll see the pics you just uploaded. By clicking the word Album in the toolbar you should see your new album!
11. NOW TO POST>>. First open a new topic here on the message board (you'll need to open the message board and flickr at the same time so you can work back and forth).
12. Click on the pic in your Flickr album you want to post. It will open in a screen with a black border.
13. Drop your curser down to the bottom right and hover over the curved arrow. If you hover over it, it should read Share Photo...click on the arrow.
14. A box will open that says Share 1 photo to:
15. Click on BBCode
16. Drop your curser to the second line that will have a photo size in it. When you click on that, it will let you pick sizes. I use 640x480
17. When you choose your size, the BBCode will turn blue. Right click on it and copy...then simply paste into the message body on this site!
18. After you've pasted....drop down to Preview and click..if your pic shows up you're in biz! If not, you've done something wrong and you have to erase and try again.
19. Once you build a 'library' of albums, it's easy as you work on a build to keep adding pics to the same album. Instead of starting a new album name each time, you simply pic one that's already made. Keeps your pics and builds organized for easy posting.

I hope this helps Flickr users.   tom
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:48:22 PM by Tom Birky »

john2

Re: Using Flickr
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:54 AM »
 :) :)  Thank you, Tom.  I have it printed, and will use it when I get to that point with my next finished model. 

It will be a great help.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 06:32:19 AM »
Good deal, I have got to start the process of rebuilding my photo file.  I haven't started a new site yet, but Flickr is being widely recommended, so I will probably go there.  Thanks for this valuable information.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »
Thanks Tom...

I've created an account with Flickr...
but still need to finish downloading pics from PB to computer.... :)
Ed K.

pdaly28

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »
have not done this yet,but will soon!to many summer thing to do!

Dirtman

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tom Birky! I finally got logged on to Flickr and used your explanation on how to use it! I would not have been able to figure it out by myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I can fiddle around and learn more about it as I go!

Rett

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
I just started using Flickr so maybe I can get back to posting again. Since PB di what it did I got to the point I didn't want to start building photo albums again in case it happened again!!! But, looks like I'll need to start again to show my junk again!!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 01:38:50 PM »
Yeah, doc, seems like Flickr is the way to go now.  I'm going to have to rebuild as well.  Fun and games...thanks a lot photobucket...
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

sentsat71

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 04:10:46 AM »
Doc....
Maybe you call your builds "junk" but for me, they are very creative builds!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ed K.

sentsat71

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 08:22:59 AM »
Have question about Flikr or any other photo hosting site:
Does it matter what type of operating system one has? Outside of Windows or MAC?

Thanks
Ed K.

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »
  The only other operating system other than MAC or Windows is Linux......never used Linux so I cant really comment on its compatibility with a 3rd party photo hosting site.
  All I can tell you is that back when p-bucket committed suicide while trying to collect ransom money, I found out thru Lefturns 75 that attempting to use Fotki with a MAC system proved to be a bust.     
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 08:27:47 AM »
Brian,
Linux is my current operating system.
Was "introduced" to it when I went to ITT Tech back in 2002-2004. All instructors who were really into computers absolutely HATED Windows. Don't remember their comments, if any, when it came to MAC...
But since 99.99999% of businesses use Windows, so that what's "drives"  app companies to put out.....

I have pics put on CDs, but the pic app I have on Linux will not open most of them, but in using a computer with Windows, they will ALL open.....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:29:50 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

Brian Conn

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 02:15:26 PM »
  That Linux system should be opening those disc up for viewing, sharing, etc....try opening them in different viewing programs and see what happens if you haven't done so already.  Since I don't have a Linux system, the best advise that I can offer if that doesn't work is to Google "Linux not opening photos" or going to You Tube and doing the same search.    I would have imagined the instructors would have spoke favorably of the MAC system....especially the tech savvy ones.     
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

sentsat71

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 06:01:16 AM »
Brian,
Thanks for the tip(s0
Ed K.

Brian Conn

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 05:40:39 PM »