Short Track Forums > Bench Racing-general Model Car discussion topics

Using Flickr

(1/4) > >>

Tom Birky:
I'll try to walk through using Flickr to post pics. I always arrange my cars in folders to keep them as separate projects and easy to find.

1. Open Flickr and sign into your acct.
2. To download one or more pics....hover your arrow over the little white cloud with the arrow in the upper tool bar. Click on the cloud.
3. Now you're ready to upload pics! You can open the file on your computer in another window and drag photos and drop them on the black upload page or click on the word ADD with the little plus sign in the left side of the tool bar and pick them from your files one by one. Each time you want to add another photo to upload just click on the ADD button and choose another pic.
4. Ok..this step is important! Lets say you have 4 cars on the upload page. Now click on the word ALL with the little pink box around it in the toolbar. This will highlight all of your pics with a pink border. This enables you to upload them all in one shot.
5.Now...you can click on the blue box all the way to the right on the tool bar and it will upload  you photos to your 'photostream'. That just places them in your Flickr acct but not in any certain arrangement.  IF you want to start a folder for one particular model, now is the time to do it!
6. UPLOADING TO AN ALBUM> To the left of your pics...there is a column of choices of what to do with the pics. Click on Add To Albums
7. The Album box will pop up...and you can click on Create a New Album
8.Now you can make up a name for your new album...example...Bob Smith's Hot Modified!  then click the Done button.
9.Now you can click on the Upload Photos blue button on the right side of the tool bar. It will ask you if you want to upload. Yes!
10. The screen will hop back to your photostream and you'll see the pics you just uploaded. By clicking the word Album in the toolbar you should see your new album!
11. NOW TO POST>>. First open a new topic here on the message board (you'll need to open the message board and flickr at the same time so you can work back and forth).
12. Click on the pic in your Flickr album you want to post. It will open in a screen with a black border.
13. Drop your curser down to the bottom right and hover over the curved arrow. If you hover over it, it should read Share Photo...click on the arrow.
14. A box will open that says Share 1 photo to:
15. Click on BBCode
16. Drop your curser to the second line that will have a photo size in it. When you click on that, it will let you pick sizes. I use 640x480
17. When you choose your size, the BBCode will turn blue. Right click on it and copy...then simply paste into the message body on this site!
18. After you've pasted....drop down to Preview and click..if your pic shows up you're in biz! If not, you've done something wrong and you have to erase and try again.
19. Once you build a 'library' of albums, it's easy as you work on a build to keep adding pics to the same album. Instead of starting a new album name each time, you simply pic one that's already made. Keeps your pics and builds organized for easy posting.

I hope this helps Flickr users.   tom

john2:
 :) :)  Thank you, Tom.  I have it printed, and will use it when I get to that point with my next finished model. 

It will be a great help.

TarheelRick:
Good deal, I have got to start the process of rebuilding my photo file.  I haven't started a new site yet, but Flickr is being widely recommended, so I will probably go there.  Thanks for this valuable information.

sentsat71:
Thanks Tom...

I've created an account with Flickr...
but still need to finish downloading pics from PB to computer.... :)

pdaly28:
have not done this yet,but will soon!to many summer thing to do!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version