Author Topic: 38/39 ford  (Read 25020 times)

MarkJ

Re: 38/39 ford
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »
I used the .020" (.50mm) OPAQUE WHITE POLYSTYRENE V-GROOVE SIDING for the sides on that Pontoon Boat that I am building and it not only looks great but it is super-easy to work with. I used .040 spacing for my boat but the sheets go all the way to .025 spacing. I think the next time I am going to do a scratch grille I may try to use one of those siding sheets. I am not quite as skilled as Mark as I have always had "trouble" stacking little rods on top of each other and getting them uniform and glued "invisibly". This "try" may eliminate that part. We'll see.

https://evergreenscalemodels.com/collections/020-50mm-opaque-white-v-groove-siding/products/2025-025-opaque-white-v-groove-siding

Thanks for the tip David. That might be a great way to do a grille. I just wish I had a local hobby shop that sold evergreen styrene.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »
Hey Guys...Here's the link to evergreen. I've bought from them directly for the last 12 yrs or so. They used to be up here in Woodinville Wa. but have moved EVERYTHING ( lock stock and Barrel) to Chicago. But...they still have all the right materials. They're easy to deal with annnd...they ship right away.   
https://evergreenscalemodels.com/
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

ausbodies

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 11:22:04 PM »
Thanks Mark. I am definitely going to try that on my next attempt.  Looks like my problem was trying to leave a gap when it looks perfectly believable without the gap. Thanks for the very descriptive photos.

And David, do you have a part number for that Evergreen siding?  I can't recall seeing it that fine before. It sure would be handy.

Cheers
Alan

MarkJ

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »
Hey Guys...Here's the link to evergreen. I've bought from them directly for the last 12 yrs or so. They used to be up here in Woodinville Wa. but have moved EVERYTHING ( lock stock and Barrel) to Chicago. But...they still have all the right materials. They're easy to deal with annnd...they ship right away.   

Gary, can you order from them over the phone? I have never ordered anything where I have to give a credit card number online. Call me a dinosaur but I've gotten along without it this long and don't want to start now.

MarkJ

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2017, 03:16:08 PM »

Postimage is still down so I had to use imgur. I find it a little harder to use so I'm looking forward to getting postimage back.

Gary Davis

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »

Gary, can you order from them over the phone? I have never ordered anything where I have to give a credit card number online. Call me a dinosaur but I've gotten along without it this long and don't want to start now.
Yes you can order it over the phone Mark. I'm with you on the Card on the net thing. I've had to change my # twice in the past 5 yrs. These guys are good to work with. Give them a call. They are great to work with...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »
Wow, that's all I have to say! Wow! Serious building, here!

MarkJ

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2017, 12:34:04 PM »

Yes you can order it over the phone Mark. I'm with you on the Card on the net thing. I've had to change my # twice in the past 5 yrs. These guys are good to work with. Give them a call. They are great to work with...

Will do, Gary. I'm starting to run out of everything. Thanks again for the link.

MarkJ

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2017, 12:36:11 PM »
Wow, that's all I have to say! Wow! Serious building, here!

Thanks, Tom. That's what I say every time I see one of your builds. Wow for sure.

MarkJ

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
Got some more stuff airbrushed today. I'm really liking the model master acryl. It was kind of humid today but no blushing problems at all. I did 4 different colors in one sitting. Had no problem cleaning the brush between colors. of course at the end I took it apart to clean it completely. The first picture was after I masked it this morning to get ready for the black paint.

MarkJ

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 05:07:15 PM »
Now I need to wetsand the body and shoot the clear. Then I can polish the body and maybe then I can start assembling the model. I need to prime the dash and paint it. I made some guage decals for it.

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2017, 09:10:59 AM »
Hello Mark, that is one kool looking Ford... I too don't know why this body was never done in resin!!!! Wish someone would of along the way....
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Olderndirt

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »
I agree, heck all that would need to be made to make a '39 Standard is the front fenders, hood, dash, and of course a banjo steering wheel. The '40 Ford coupe, and sedan are among the oldest, most popular kits that are currently offered. The sedans are more expensive, but are still readily available. It just seem like a likely trans-kit to me.
 And while they are at it, make 1/25th scale '40 pickup cab, and bed, so one could build an entire line in the same scale.
 As you can probably tell, I've built a ton of these kits. And, have modified them in every way I can imagine.

Olderndirt

Gary Davis

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »
That red and Black look Great on that body Mark...

MarkJ

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2017, 04:16:42 PM »
Thanks guys. I just finished clearing the body and the interior is almost complete except for the floor shifter which I had to scratch build. The engine is painted so I can install it in the frame so before you know it I can start assembling the sub assemblies together. Also the tire/wheel assemblies are finished. Getting close to the end on this one.