Author Topic: 72 Chevy Camper/Team pull truck  (Read 8484 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
72 Chevy Camper/Team pull truck
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:08:22 PM »
Well...I've been working on a Race team idea that was a vision that I saw a lot in the 60-80s running down the Highway headed to the next track. Also...sitting at the back gate(pit gate) waiting for it to open so we could give up the bucks to get the car into the pits. The # on the car is 25 and that represents my wives and my 25th wedding Anniversary. The Camper is completely fabbed from evergreen sheet window frames and all the running light fittings are evergreen stock. The rear wheel wells where opened up and Dullies where added.

Soooo...this part of the RACE TEAM is finished. Now...it's time to build the Sprint car and then the trailer. I think I'll probably be building both at the same time. Here are a few finished pics of the truck. The Sun peeked out from the clouds just long enough to get a few pics. Thanks for stopping in folks....

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:22:12 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Bob P.

Re: 72 Chevy Camper/Team pull truck
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:28:53 PM »
Gary,

Excellent work on the camper. I can't wait to see the race car and trailer. This will be a great combination. Keep us posted.

Bob

Charlie.D

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 06:48:45 PM »
It makes me think about the old days when I was a kid. Which I'm a kid at 62 years old
Charlie Daniel

john2

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 08:17:39 PM »
 :)  Amazing.  I have been watching this on another forum.  Great craftsmanship.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 05:40:22 AM »
Same here, John2...

This turned out FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

That little flare fender for the rear duallies is just perfect!!

Great job, Gary!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:41:57 AM by sentsat71 »
Ed K.

Gary Davis

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »
Hey guys...thanks for the GREAT compliments. The Trailer and Sprintcar body are on the bench just waiting for me...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 05:23:31 PM »
Wonderful, Wonderful build. If you didn't know better you would think you were looking at pictures of a 1:1 hauler/camper. The  work on the camper is unbelievable in that it is completely scratch built. You would think you bought a camper kit. I doubt if revell or amt could pull off a kit as nice and authentic as this one is. Simply outstanding work.

Gary Davis

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 12:47:12 PM »
Thank you Mark for the GREAT compliments. Watching you do your magic just keeps my building juices flowing. That also goes for ALL the great builders on this site....Very talented crew here....

Big Orange

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:17 PM »
C'mon, really......this build is incredible. I want to go camping  :)
My worst day of building STILL beats my best day at work !!

Hondo

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 01:19:37 PM »
Gary, Man you gotta stop taking pics of vehicles on the highway. We're beginning to think you are (not) building models now.
JK, this is so cool. Outstanding concept and work to pull it off.
I do enjoy seeing your work.