Author Topic: Another John2 Classic...  (Read 11844 times)

James2

Another John2 Classic...
« on: December 02, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »

"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

James2

Re: Another John2 Classic...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »
Great looking race car buddy!!!
"Days are neither good nor bad, they are what you make of them."

john2

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 12:23:35 PM »
 :)  Again, thanks to J2 for posting the pictures for me.

ABOUT THE CAR 
This was supposed to be a Mark Martin cup car, that was given me partially built by Rick (McKenzie.)  But to me, it is an asphalt  stock bodied late model that races somewhere in the southeast.

Being in a near hiatus from building due to my upcoming move, and most
everything packed up,  I took the easy way out on it.  I did not remove the roof flaps or rails, or the camera pod, as I did not want to get into putty and sanding.  I wanted to go with the natural white plastic on the body, with just a touch of the little light yellow I had left.

I did leave out most of the glass, and added the chrome wheels.  The engine is completely built, although I have not shown it.  I used a different seat, and added the window net.

With the exceptions of the number, and " J and B Auto Parts "  on the back, it is hand lettered.   Since the emailed pictures are so small, I will tell you it is sponsored by Southern Aircraft Sales, a fictitious company that sells Cessna, Cirrus, and Piper aircraft.  I wanted to add Middleton Field Alabama, but I am not skilled enough to write that small.  The driver, Snake, owns SAS.

The piece  on the hood represents an aerobatic smoke writer, showing the  logo of the company.  Snake, the daredevil that he is, also flies  aerobatics in air shows. 

What's wrong with picture number 4 ?  I forgot to underline Cirrus in blue.  lol

This is the second part of my gift from Rick, the first part being the 312 dirt late model.  I will bump that up when I finish here.

Hope you guys like this one.

ABOUT MY MOVE
I will be moving to Riggs Manor Retirement Community in  Raymond, Mississippi about mid December.  That is about 45 miles away.   They have a computer there for use by the residents, so I will be getting out of the computer business here shortly. I do not know the exact day I will pull the plug.  I do not know how much use it gets there, so I will have to be respectful of the others.

But I do plan to get back to building, to STM, and to showing my models when and if I can.  I will try to learn Flickr, if I have that capability there.    I know I can do email there, and plan to use G Mail, probably as 811jogo14. 

So, look for me, and if I get lost, Hondo and Tom Birky will know how to find me.  I will not be sitting on the front porch and playing bingo.  I will be building, but also doing some pen and ink drawing, reading, and I have the plans to a good size balsa Taylorcraft airplane that I would like to build.

I have been a member here, and at Fred's for the past 12 years or so, and although my skills, and  the volume of my building are declining , I hope I will still be welcome here.

It is not easy to pick up and go when you have enjoyed where you are for 26 years and are 78 years old.  But this is what I feel I need to do for my future.

Not gone quite yet.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:27:20 PM by john2 »
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

gator

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 12:27:51 PM »
Looking Good!
Jackie Sims Race Car Models

Bob P.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 02:00:55 PM »
Very nice build John. I like the way the yellow and white blend together. Nice lettering also.

I hope the move goes well. I hope the computer works out for you also.

Bob

Dirtman

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
Very nice build John. If you can do that good with what you've got now, the ones in the future will be over the top! Glad to hear things are working out for you. Good luck with your move and future builds....

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 05:41:45 AM »
Very cool looking build!!

Good luck with the move.

Me, the longest I stayed in one place was the house i grew up in, and that was a few months shy of 18 years. Then next longest in one place, one at 7 years and the other at 6 years....
Wow....just figured out all the places I've lived in my 64 years.......just 22 different places is all.....
Ed K.

Charlie.D

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 08:07:25 PM »
Excellent build there john2
Charlie Daniel

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 10:06:41 PM »
Best Tortise I've seen from that kit John!  You're always welcome here whether you build or not, you're kinda the glue that keeps this place running. I appreciate all of your posts and questions and what not that kind of perks this place up when it's in a bit of a lull.

Best of luck with you're move. You'll probably love it. Less time keeping up and fixing things. More time to do what you like I hope. You've likely earned that.

tb

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 11:04:07 PM »
John, the Taurus is mighty fine and lookin good!!!  Another fine stock car from J2 Motorsports sure to set a new track record on its first time out!!!  I'm in full agreement with Tom...you are what defines this forum And therefore a "lifetime member" as far as I'm concerned.  While you're out, we'll leave the light on for you.  I consider you my friend, John and a darned good one at that!!!🤗👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😎🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

john2

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 02:51:06 AM »
 :)  Isn't that just like two brothers ?  One calls it a tortoise, the other says it is ready to set a track record.  You guys.  lol

But I do appreciate the fine comments.  Yes, Tom, the main reason for my move is to let someone else keep everything going. 

Greg, I  had thought my new place might be called Jogo's Garage, but J2 Motorsports sounds good too.  Had not thought about that.   However, James 2 was the original J2, so I guess that is his.

And I will be looking for that light.

Thanks, everybody.   
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:26:46 AM by john2 »

sentsat71

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »
John2....

I have a name for my "shop/operation" as well, but since I cannot move the couple of feet from this computer to the WIP table, no use saying it,   :( :( :'( :'(

Though the name has been used with another hobby of mine, but even that his idle as well, not doing too many race cars there either..... :( :( :'( :'(
Ed K.

john2

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 04:52:00 AM »
 :)  Running her through again.  Almost ready to start out again, fresh.

Thanks.

ARCA Guy

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 11:51:06 AM »
Nice one - love the paint work, looks great!

john2

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 03:54:48 AM »
 :)  Thanks,  ARCA.