Author Topic: DeFoosing a Foose Caddy  (Read 2959 times)

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
DeFoosing a Foose Caddy
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:53:43 PM »
My awesome brother, Tom, gifted me with a Foose Cadillac a few weeks ago as I was finishing up chemotherapy and starting to have interest in building again.  Up until then the only car I finished was a thrown together glue bomb 64 Impala for our glue bomb cup at Fred's.  I decided that even though the Caddy isn't a short track car a build of any kind would be a milestone for me and a great excersise in creativity as well.  I've got most of the parts ready for primer except for the body which is where most of the changes will be made.  I'm starting be eliminating the signature tail light hump on the rear quarters and reworking the grill area as well.  As soon as I figure out posting pics here, I'll get a few up.😎🏁

The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky

Dr. Kerry

Re: DeFoosing a Foose Caddy
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:08:45 AM »
Enjoy it Greg and can't wait to see what ya come up with!!!!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Tom Birky

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 04:53:58 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Not the taillights!!! It's about the only thing cool on those cars!!!! :'(

Ok....do what ya want.... :P

john2

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 07:15:47 PM »
 :)  I'll need a little help with this one.  Is this to be a race car ?  And maybe someone can post a picture of a Foose Cadillac.  Actually, I guess I could google that part. 

Anyway, Greg, I will look forward to seeing it.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »
No worries, Tom...so far the tail lights are safe...not a race car, John.  It's a highly butchered 1948 Caddy  that hardly looks the part.  In deFoosing it, it may loose even more of its Cadillac identity but it will take on what's tumbling around inside my old noggin, lol!!!  Will try to get up a couple of pics tonight.😀
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:10:22 PM by Greg Birky »
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky