Author Topic: Metal Axles  (Read 3239 times)

john2

Metal Axles
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:28:48 PM »
 :)  Buy/Sell/Trade   .......   or Beg.

Does anyone have a couple of metal axles I could get to repair my '32 Ford Jalopy that I dropped and broke ?

My buddy Charlie D was supposed to send me some 6 months ago, but they had a lot of sickness, plus his shoulder surgery.  So, I am sure he has forgotten about it.

If so, I will pm you my new address.  Thanks.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

john2

Re: Metal Axles
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 03:58:21 AM »
 :)  lol  lol

Thanks, David.  I will have to get back to you on that.  Without measuring, just the standard ones that came in the old 3 n 1 kits.

I am at my new home, and this computer is 3 floors and 128 steps from the elevator to my apartment.  So doing a lot of walking these days, which is good.

The long running series of ' 32 Fords are known  for flimsy front ends, and this one has been busted before, so I will be coming up with a whole new one for it.  I found a couple of parts box axles with slots for the axles, and some wheel inners with holes,  so will be trying to go that route.

I will measure, and get back to you next trip to the lobby.  Ha ha.

But least I am on their computer, and they can worry about all the viruses and updates.

vsrn

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »
David -

What diameter rod do you use?
I don't have any originals that are easily accessible...
vsrn

john2

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:32:45 PM »
 :) just thought someone might have one or two they would not use and could just slip them in an envelope.  Most of my junk is still packed up, and my work space is going to be limited now. My designated space will  be shared with my business, meaning a calculator, trays, and pencil sharpener, etc My desk/bench is a hollow core door set up on two file cabinets.

Might even have to go out in the yard to run my dremel, if I can find an outlet.  Don't yet know how much I can get away with here, with these old folks.  ( Said respectfully, as I am one of them. )

David, best I can figure, they might need to be 2 3/8 inches.  I do appreciate your offer of help. It is not the end of the world.  All race cars, real or models, meet their fate sooner or later.  lol

john2

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »
 :)  LRAF  in today's culture.

Thanks in advance, David.  Appreciated. 

I will  be shutting down this computer here at home, probably Monday, Jan 8.  But have been able to be with you guys on the one at " The Home . "

So, if it turns out that I sail over the edge, I'll be back when and if I can.

Started the year off right on NYD  with the Red's Orchard Chevy truck.    One day she might pull a '55 Chevy post LM.  She will be box stock, except for maybe some better wheels or wheel covers.

john2

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 04:40:36 AM »
 :)  Two brass tube axles received at new address from David.  Thanks.