Author Topic: Old Lindberg D Jag UPDATE!! Better Out door shots!  (Read 3062 times)

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
Old Lindberg D Jag UPDATE!! Better Out door shots!
« on: January 06, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
Feeling the urge to diversify.I have been wanting to build some sports car racers for some time now. Spent some time at Road America in early 70's, and was captivated by the Can Am, Trans Am and June sprints. I have more then a half dozen kits, ranging from the very simple to ridiculously intimidating! Thought I would start with a simple one, an old Lindberg D Jag. All plastic (wheels and tires) molded in red. No more the 10 parts I reckon. Followed the directions, primed and painted all parts before hand, and I must say I am pleased with the results. Hope you like it!
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:03:00 PM by slim »

Dirtman

Re: Old Lindberg D Jag
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 10:12:06 PM »
Very nice Slim. I was there in '57. Wanted to see the '57 Vette run. And now, I don't even remember how well it did. My buddy and I walked that entire track that day. Side note, the sharpest car there was a Lincoln Zephyer with Caddy motor in it. We were checking it out, a lady old enough to be my mother at the time came up and popped the hood for us! It was her sons car and she was really proud of it. Funny, I remember more about that than the race!!

Rett

slim

• Lives in St. Louis, MO
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 10:16:09 PM »
Thanks fellas, good story Rett, I went there a lot in 69-72, loved those big block can am cars. I will post better outdoor  pictures when it stops being winter.

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 01:55:21 PM »
Interesting build....
Ed K.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: Old Lindberg D Jag UPDATE!! Better Out door shots!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »
A very Cool build Slim. It looks good and what a good change in builds.
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."