Author Topic: The #25 Race Team outside shots....3-15-2018  (Read 19136 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
The #25 Race Team outside shots....3-15-2018
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »
  Well folks...this Trailer is from the Revell 1/24 Modified/Trailer kit that I picked up at a show. It didn't have the Super in it so I got it at a decent price. The Trailer is 1/24 and the rest of the team( Truck--Sprintcar) is in 1/25..but I like the tandum. So..I had to shorten it and take 5" out of the center.

Before & After....

I plan on building a storage box on the front and a double row tire rack above that. I'm also building cargo boxes above each fender. I'm still on the fence about the open area just behind where the 4' cargo box is going. I'm thinking Diamond plate or maybe wood planks. Here's where I'm at at this time. 

Thanks for looking in and commenting....

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 12:57:11 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

Gary Davis

Re: #25 Trailer W.I.P...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »
Thanks for your input David and I don't think you're over thinking it at all. I'm running that same thought through me Brain also. I'm also thinking about diamond on the two runners if I go with the Diamond plate in the large area. I'm still on the fence about making it look halfway NEW or weathered a tad...That way I could use wood and make it look med. OLD...LOL If ya know what I mean Vern... I'll probably end up with the Diamond Plate.... Thanks for stopping in and help'in a guy out...
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

john2

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 06:31:17 PM »
 :)  Yeah, dripping oil gets to wood anyway.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:37:02 AM »
Liking where this is going....!

sort of a precursor to the enclosed trailers of today.....trying to make sure one has what they need to hit the road for various tracks.....
Ed K.

Gary Davis

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »
:)  Yeah, dripping oil gets to wood anyway.
Better NOT be dripping oil any where....Unless the engine let go and it had to be loaded that way. Then it's straight to the wash rack for sure. Doesn't matter what time of day or night it is. Then...get it to the shop and start tear'in it down....

Charlie.D

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 01:25:36 PM »
Hobby Lobby carry diamond tread plate in railroad area
Charlie Daniel

Gary Davis

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »
Thanks Charlie...I assume that was info on where to get it right? Not a Question? I do have quite a bit of Diamond plate here. Just need to make the decision on whether to use it or not.

Gary Davis

Re: #25 Trailer W.I.P...update..2-6-18
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 06:47:30 PM »
I thought of that way also.... and doing the D plate in the open area and leaving the ramps as is. We'll see when I get to that area in the build....which will be pretty darn soon. 

Here's an update...The doors and slam lock holes are on(in). I'm stripping the slam locks as they are way to bright(chromed). Now the Big box is going to be built and then the tire racks. The Axles and leaf springs need to be addressed at this time also. I'm using different wheels on this puppy sooo... I need to build a mounting system for the wheels and tires.

Here's a few update pics...Thanks for stopping in and commenting...

Bob P.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »
This is looking great Gary. I'm enjoying watching this build.

Bob

sentsat71

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 08:01:10 AM »
Coming along quite nicely......!
Ed K.

Charlie.D

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 04:51:21 PM »
Yes Gary O let you know where to get it
Charlie Daniel

Gary Davis

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
I'm using the double Bump(raised pattern) on the trailer. Here's where I bought the 1/48 scale single D plate. Now...I also got some 1/24 Double D plate from them and it's the same size bumps. So...I loaded up on the single bump 1/48 D plate. It looks right and it's plastic...not ABS. I do have some of the ABS stuff and you have to CA or Plastic weld to glue it. Here's the link...  https://plastruct.com/product-category/plain-and-patterned-sheet/page/2/?orderby=popularity   

I just went in and found the double D Plate onpage #4...it's 1/24...Ha...Go figure...it looks like they fixed their labels...At any rate...here's that page for you.. https://plastruct.com/product-category/plain-and-patterned-sheet/page/4/?orderby=popularity

Now...Don Mills carries Tread Plate but I don't see it on his site...but..There's a contact # where you can all and talk with Don. It's been awhile since I've talked with him but...he's a good guy and easy to talk with. You can ask him if he carries the D plate in 1/24-25.. Here's the site addy... http://donmillsmodels.com/ 

I hope this helps you Charlie....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:03:23 PM by Gary Davis »

Charlie.D

Re: #25 Trailer W.I.P...update..2-8-18
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 07:29:23 PM »
thanks GARY
Charlie Daniel

Gary Davis

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 07:38:22 PM »
You are very Welcome Charlie.

Here's a few pics of the Double "D" plate that I'm using. The Loading ramps will have tread plate on them. I put the car on the trailer for measurements for the height of the big box and tire rack. Looks like I'm going to go with a 48" tall box. That will give a decent clearance above the nose of the car. Here's a few pics...

The Double "D" Plate...

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:44:58 PM by Gary Davis »

sentsat71

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 07:45:03 AM »
Looks good already, what with the car sitting on it!

Curious, the tabs where the ramps "attach" to the trailer, part of the kit, or something you added?
Ed K.