Other > Trucks, trailer and Haulers

The #25 Race Team outside shots....3-15-2018

(1/11) > >>

Gary Davis:
  Well folks...this Trailer is from the Revell 1/24 Modified/Trailer kit that I picked up at a show. It didn't have the Super in it so I got it at a decent price. The Trailer is 1/24 and the rest of the team( Truck--Sprintcar) is in 1/25..but I like the tandum. So..I had to shorten it and take 5" out of the center.

Before & After....

I plan on building a storage box on the front and a double row tire rack above that. I'm also building cargo boxes above each fender. I'm still on the fence about the open area just behind where the 4' cargo box is going. I'm thinking Diamond plate or maybe wood planks. Here's where I'm at at this time. 

Thanks for looking in and commenting....

Gary Davis:
Thanks for your input David and I don't think you're over thinking it at all. I'm running that same thought through me Brain also. I'm also thinking about diamond on the two runners if I go with the Diamond plate in the large area. I'm still on the fence about making it look halfway NEW or weathered a tad...That way I could use wood and make it look med. OLD...LOL If ya know what I mean Vern... I'll probably end up with the Diamond Plate.... Thanks for stopping in and help'in a guy out...

john2:
 :)  Yeah, dripping oil gets to wood anyway.

sentsat71:
Liking where this is going....!

sort of a precursor to the enclosed trailers of today.....trying to make sure one has what they need to hit the road for various tracks.....

Gary Davis:

--- Quote from: john2 on February 05, 2018, 06:31:17 PM --- :)  Yeah, dripping oil gets to wood anyway.

--- End quote ---
Better NOT be dripping oil any where....Unless the engine let go and it had to be loaded that way. Then it's straight to the wash rack for sure. Doesn't matter what time of day or night it is. Then...get it to the shop and start tear'in it down....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version