Author Topic: Curious.......  (Read 7565 times)

sentsat71

Curious.......
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:29:26 AM »
What kit chassis would be a decent one for the old Jo-Han '70 Superbird body.....?
outside of heavy mods on that kit chassis, which is street version.....
sounds like the recent releases of the old MPC NASCAR kits, that may not be the way to go......(?)
Ed K.

Lefturns75

Re: Curious.......
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »
Sent, I really have no clue.  If I had a Johan body and was going for that sort of project, I would look at the Revell 68-69 Charger Chassis and the AMT 71 Charger.  Maybe with some Polar Lights Charger stuff thrown in.  I have not tried the fit of any of this first hand so it is all just a W. A. G.  It would take some work I am sure but I know of no race ready chassis to slide under that body.  The old MPC Stocker stuff would work I guess but would take work too.  Thing is, without a lot of work, those MPC Chassis are about as accurate as a Palmer Kit.  Are you going for the Shelf Looker or Full Detail? 

sentsat71

Re: Curious.......
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 06:30:11 AM »
Lefturns75 said
Are you going for the Shelf Looker or Full Detail?

Definitely a Shelf Looker....as I don't think I have the patience for a full detailed build.....

David, are you talking about the early "true" NASCAR kits? Don't think I ever had my hands on any of those, have had Monogram '90's kits, but have passed them on elsewhere over time. including the Petty Pontiac that was out after his 200th win, but have also unloaded that one as well....Only thing I have in my stash that is a more true racing chassis is the old MPC Super Stocker kits.

Thanks for your comments, greatly appreciated.....

My other slight problem is what team/driver to somewhat replicate....already had a Petty Superbird.....in diecast....oh well.....will come up with something some day......................
Ed K.