Author Topic: WIP amt 352 peterbilt wrecker  (Read 4371 times)

Grt222

WIP amt 352 peterbilt wrecker
« on: February 18, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
I haven't built a big truck in many years so I am trying something new. I'm going to build a cabover peterbilt with the wrecker bed from the long nose kit in gulf blue and orange colors. I will update as I move along. so far I just started last night and I got the bed narrowed 1/4" (1/8" on each side). also got some of the injector mark filled with putty that will show. once I get the bed together I will start on the lengthening of the frame.
2018-02-18_03-26-38 by Tony Gollaway, on Flickr
2018-02-18_03-26-56 by Tony Gollaway, on Flickr
2018-02-18_03-27-19 by Tony Gollaway, on Flickr

sentsat71

Re: WIP amt 352 peterbilt wrecker
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 04:53:27 AM »
sounds like a cool idea.....

Where did you get the Pete Wrecker kit?

Have been looking for that kit for a while now, but have not been able to come up with one....

Have a similar idea, but want to use the Freightliner double kit, using the "day" cab with the dual axle frame.....
Have the Freightliner kit....glad that R2/AMT decided to make a double kit of their single rear axle/day cab kit and the dual rear axle OTR sleeper cab.....
Ed K.

Grt222

Re: WIP amt 352 peterbilt wrecker
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:00:23 PM »
sounds like a cool idea.....

Where did you get the Pete Wrecker kit?
Ed, the wrecker bed I'm using I got off ebay from a guy parting out a kit. I have the complete peterbilt wrecker kit also but didn't want to use just the wrecker bed out of it. Hopefully amt will reissue it soon due to the prices climbing on eBay recently.
Have been looking for that kit for a while now, but have not been able to come up with one....

Have a similar idea, but want to use the Freightliner double kit, using the "day" cab with the dual axle frame.....
Have the Freightliner kit....glad that R2/AMT decided to make a double kit of their single rear axle/day cab kit and the dual rear axle OTR sleeper cab.....