Author Topic: Camouflaged Military Plane Question  (Read 4401 times)

spotter23

Camouflaged Military Plane Question
« on: June 22, 2018, 04:09:02 PM »
I have a good friend who flew missions over Vietnam in a AC-47. The enemy named the planes"Spooky" and "Puff" (the magic dragon) because they flew at night and dropped large flairs to light up the night, so they could find their targets, and the planes (according to the enemy) just appeared out of nowhere.

My friend is getting some age on him with health issues along with PTSD from his service, and being shot at almost daily, with several near misses. I wanted to honor his service with a model of the plane he flew. I found a Revell kit and ordered what I thought was going to be the camouflaged decals. The decals are for all the markings but not the camouflaged portion, only color description and pictures.

Has anyone ever built military models with camouflaged paint design? Any suggestions or ideas as to the best way to proceed. I'm 100% race cars and this will be a first. Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated. Want to do the best job possible for my special friend.
Thanks
Mark Gregory
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

spotter23

Re: Camouflaged Military Plane Question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »
Thanks David.........I had heard of that before but forgot about it, and obviously never tried it. I'll check it out soon.
"Looking Cheap Ain't Cool & Looking Cool Ain't Cheap

Greg Birky

• My Fotki
Re: Camouflaged Military Plane Question
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 05:06:23 PM »
Silly Putty works great for masking around gas tanks and frames on chassis plates for clean color separation as well. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🏁
The “Ole Bench Racer” 

Greg Birky