Author Topic: My Hiatus builds  (Read 4883 times)

Lefturns75

My Hiatus builds
« on: June 26, 2018, 12:18:00 AM »
I took a break from automotive modeling in 2000-2005 and did some armor.  I enjoyed studying WWII History and had read a pile of material so these builds came about. 

Michael Whittmann and crew with Tiger 007.  France, 1944.  Tamiya 1/35 kit and figures.

I call this one "On the Russian Stepp"  Marder Tank Destroyer getting ready for action.  Tamiya 1/35 Kit and figures.

"Somewhere in France"  German maintenance crew tending to a Panther.  Lunch is on the front fender.  Tamiya 1/35 kit and figures.

Dirtman

Re: My Hiatus builds
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 08:05:27 AM »
Cool stuff!

Rett

sentsat71

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 09:23:37 AM »
Wow....
Lot of work there!!
 8) 8) 8) 8)

Remember as a youngster, my oldest brother built a few Revell 1/35 military items, along with one Monogram 1/32 Half Track. All had a few figures.....
Ed K.

Lefturns75

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 10:10:53 PM »
Not sure about the range of talent David, I always called it dumb luck. I just figured I would try different things just to see what it was like.  I have done some pretty odd-ball models during my off-time from cars. Here are a few more non-automotive subjects but I will stick with the building of stockers. 

Stopping by for lunch at the field kitchen.  Tamiya kit and figures 1/35

This one is a 75 mm Anti Tank cannon and crew.  Most likely sometime after D-Day drawing a bead on a Sherman or British Churchill while the Chaps have a spot of tea.

I think this was some of the toughest modeling I have ever tried.  I just thought a smooth paint job and decals were a chore doing cars.  How many of you have tried a stick and tissue aircraft and got the thing covered with no wrinkles?  What is even tougher, is getting these durn things to fly.  My best flight time was 57 seconds which don't sound like much at all but try getting one of these to stay airborne for over a minute with rubber band power.  I might do a few more of these at some point but they are a TON of work. 

Yes, I crash em too!

sentsat71

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 07:35:48 AM »
More COOOOOOL builds....

Thanks for posting these....

I Dabbled building military kits in the '70's, mostly when I couldn't find a car kit I liked. Can't remember the scale....along with a few 1/48 scale planes.....
Sadly....none survived. some didn't last out the 70's.....1 or 2 lasted somewhat longer..and no....never thought to take pictures of my builds back then....
Ed K.

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 12:25:19 PM »
Great detail!! Love the weathering on them all!!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ