Author Topic: Working with Greg Holland (VSRN)  (Read 9365 times)

David Bogard

Working with Greg Holland (VSRN)
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:06:15 PM »
I am using Greg's services these days while building some "replica" inspired builds and I would encourage anyone here to try him if there is a particular car you are wanting to build. The process goes something like this:
-- I get the build far enough along in order to take some good measurements of the sizing of the decals I might need. If they are to match one of the paint colors on the car, I shoot a little piece of plastic the color I am using.
-- I send him the measurements, the paint chip and all of the best reference photos I have
-- Greg then does his magic and emails me back a test sheet to print on regular paper. I cut out the "decals" and place them on the car in paper form and if they need to be adjusted I let him know. If they are fine, I give him to go ahead and he prints them up and mails them to me.
-- Here's the one for the Bohlander car we are working on. (I put the ghost "Greg Holland Artwork" on there myself because I know how difficult this is and I do not want anyone pirating Greg's work)

I will take these home tonight and if they fit just like I want them to, these are going to be killer on that old Bohlander Chevy and they will make it come to life!

It's really that simple guys. Greg is super easy to work with and so far his work has been exemplary. So please. . . if the "only" car you want to build is that old race car from back in the day that you enjoyed watching so much and yet the decals have kept yo away from your bench and your desire. . . then get to the bench! Greg can solve most any decal need you might have!
I appreciate people that actually build and post models.
https://public.fotki.com/DKBogard/

Bob P.

Re: Working with Greg Holland (VSRN)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »
I've been working with Greg now for about three years on almost all of my replica builds.
As David said above, he is a great guy to work with and will do everything possible to provide you with accurate decals.

Here's a few examples of Greg's decal work.

THIS WAS MY FIRST BUILD WORKING WITH GREG
Hosted on Fotki

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF COLOR MATCHING, HE MATCHED THE COLOR FOR THE WING DECAL.
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
THIS IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF COLOR MATCHING THE RED ON THE FOUR ACES.
Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Bob
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 03:58:52 PM by Bob P. »

Dr. Kerry

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 10:00:50 AM »
Greg does nice work!! He helped me with a little hot rod I was building a couple years ago!!
"Keep It In Scale"
       Dr. Kerry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq_FIdex0e1WNmv1lpQ-ZnQ

Rich Sipos

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 07:57:06 AM »
Yes Greg is the go to Decal master!I have been using him from back in the early Fred's forum days and all were do right. On one recent build I used some one else, big time decal maker, and I'm not happy. The reason I went that way was I didn't have the right pictures of the car I was doing. Well first off the decals fell apart while in the water. Yes he did make good on the decal but added more time. Then after they were on the car I hound miss spellings, I should have checked that's on me! So for me I will only use Greg's work I my replica builds.
 Rich