Author Topic: 1971 Dodge Charger Deconstuct/Reconstuct wip  (Read 15503 times)

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
Re: 1971 Dodge Charger Deconstuct/Reconstuct wip
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »
"Shelfers Unite!!" My builds are shelfers. I am a shelfer!!

Man David...How'd you get up there? ( GREAT pic by the way) LOL...Where's all the kits? Or...where's all the builds?? I have a few of those very shelves. They do come in handy....
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
Body is sanded and washed and ready for primer, and then I noticed the front picture, and realized the front spoiler was not centered correctly. A mistake I made 45 years ago when I first built this model. I will need to go back and remove it, and reinstall it correctly. If I had not taken this wip picture, I don't think I would have caught it, till I took the final pictures, and that would have been too late.

Lefturns75

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 05:33:40 PM »
Mark why not just add a little to the chin spoiler?  Now you know and I know there was a rule on how big they could be back then but who is gonna notice?  It wouldn't be enough to really notice and there are very few around today that really know what the size should be.  Might be easier than trying to get it off and repositioned. 

Hondo

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 11:05:41 PM »
Hey Mark,
This is looking good. Maybe I'll finish mine (Jim Vandiver #31) one day............

Is this version gonna be a road course car? Noticed the fuel filler on the right side. Or did I miss your explaination?

Great work as always !!

MarkJ

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2018, 08:00:19 AM »
That's a great idea, George. I will check my ref pic of the front of this car and see if I should shorten it or lengthen it. And yes it is a road course car. Good eye there , Jim.

john2

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 09:38:18 AM »
 :)  David, if that is you on the shelf ..............  you look like that guy on " My Favorite Martin. "  I think his name was Tim, not sure.

He also got caught for speeding on " Andy Griffith " and expected his dad to bail him out. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Lefturns75

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2018, 10:29:14 AM »
John2, that is NOT David on the shelf nor is it Bill Bixby, it is Hemilgarn J. Kornhauser.  He is the man responsible for the Type-3 Hybird 58 Max Interval Eludium K-72 High Volume Bakewell Fuel Anti-Cavatation unit with Hollingsworth up-grade kit and adjustable Blivit Tube Extension.  I thought everyone knew that.  Ask MarkJ, he'll tell ya!  I'll bet he will even scratch one to add to the Charger. 

Gary Davis

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 01:05:36 PM »
Body is nice and clean. This is going to be another good wip to watch. That front spoiler should be an easy fix for you Mark.... Looking GOOD!!!
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 04:45:06 PM »
John2, that is NOT David on the shelf nor is it Bill Bixby, it is Hemilgarn J. Kornhauser.  He is the man responsible for the Type-3 Hybird 58 Max Interval Eludium K-72 High Volume Bakewell Fuel Anti-Cavatation unit with Hollingsworth up-grade kit and adjustable Blivit Tube Extension.  I thought everyone knew that.  Ask MarkJ, he'll tell ya!  I'll bet he will even scratch one to add to the Charger.

Your absolutely right , George. But I planned on putting one of those deals on my next build. A Kyle Busch IndyCar. A fantasy build that I hope comes true. ………………………..No way in h e double hockey sticks would I ever build a Kyle busch anything.

MarkJ

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 04:55:18 PM »
Thanks, Gary and David. I have two more of these old mpc kits to deconstruct and rebuild, but I'm not going to deconstruct as much on them, as I did on this one. I'm just going to paint the chassis what it should be after I remove only certain pieces from it. Like the engine and anything that came chromed in the kit. The main thing to concentrate on these builds is the painting of the body and making decals for them. Like I said before the fit on these kits is really pretty good. In fact a lot better than most amt kits I have built.

Gary Davis

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »
LOL....I'm with you 100% on the K. Bush thing. Don't like him and NEVER will.....

Lefturns75

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2018, 05:33:35 PM »
Kyle Who???   Guys, I have never heard of HER.    I take it since Damitca the "Queen of Crash" has quit, that means Kyle is the only female driver in the series?  She's the one they call "Popeye" right?

john2

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2018, 05:37:46 AM »
 :)  Well, every now and then, I ask a question on one of these forums, and wish I had not.  I think that is one of them.  lol  Usually it had to do with computerese. 

Build on Mark.  I wish you well with your model.   :D

And, I do now remember Bill Bixby.  Thanks.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

MarkJ

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »
Kyle Who???   Guys, I have never heard of HER.    I take it since Damitca the "Queen of Crash" has quit, that means Kyle is the only female driver in the series?  She's the one they call "Popeye" right?

Here's another female driver you may have never heard of, Hallie Deegan. She kind of looks like Danica but a little taller and I believe she's a lot more athletic. Last summer she chrome horned a guy and won a race in pretty spectacular fashion. I believe it was a K&N race. She might be some one to watch in the future.

Lefturns75

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2018, 07:16:09 PM »
Chrome Horned?   Hahahaha!  I thought I had heard em all but thats a first for me, only from you Mark.  I do know Hallie and I think she is much better lookin' than the Queen of Crunch ever could be or thought she was.  I'll be willing to bet you never see Hallie spin one to the RIGHT like Damitca always did.  Hope she does well and goes far, Kyle needs another girl to race with, providing one of her eyes dont get swelled shut again.