News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

McCredy / Bill Wimble Modified

Started by Danh4, October 16, 2023, 08:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danh4

Here's a McCredy / Bill Wimble coupe that I just finished.  It started out as an MPC "Wild One" frame with all of the suspension pieces removed and replaced with a scratchbuilt Flemke front end.  The body is resin from Mike's Decals and the cage, floor, etc, was built by me from plastic tube and sheet.  Resin wheels, tires, radiator and a few under-hood details are from Ron Coon Resin and Mike's Decals.  Decals are from Polecat Decals.

RCR

Bob P.

Excellent replica build, well done!

Bob

daverace

Volzfan59

I commented over on Ayers NASCAR forum, but I'll comment here too. That is a great looking model. Like the redesigned front suspension. I don't know if you watch MN Max YouTube channel or not. He posted pictures of the 1:1 car on the track yesterday.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Danh4

Quote from: Volzfan59 on October 17, 2023, 05:39:10 PM
I commented over on Ayers NASCAR forum, but I'll comment here too. That is a great looking model. Like the redesigned front suspension. I don't know if you watch MN Max YouTube channel or not. He posted pictures of the 1:1 car on the track yesterday.

Thanks!  I was not aware of that Youtube channel, just watched the one with the Wimble car and will be going back to see the rest, thanks for that!

TarheelRick

That is one beautiful modified.  Really like the front suspension, some nice scratchbuilding.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Volzfan59

Quote from: Danh4 on October 18, 2023, 08:31:50 AM
Quote from: Volzfan59 on October 17, 2023, 05:39:10 PM

Thanks!  I was not aware of that Youtube channel, just watched the one with the Wimble car and will be going back to see the rest, thanks for that!

You're welcome! I've been watching MN Max since his first video. Really good stuff.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Dirtman

This car makes me want to take all of my cars to the dump!!!!!

Rett

Rattlecan Dan

Great looking build. And fine example of the type of kit I would like to build and post.

Spooker

Nice job on an iconic car!  A guy in the vintage club I race with has an older-style Wimble replica, also, Doug Rundell bent the tubing for the late models I built and raced in the late 1970's and early 1980's.  He still lives not far from me in Sherburne, NY, home of McCredy Motors!