Author Topic: McCredy / Bill Wimble Modified  (Read 1448 times)

Danh4

McCredy / Bill Wimble Modified
« on: October 16, 2023, 08:06:30 PM »
Here's a McCredy / Bill Wimble coupe that I just finished.  It started out as an MPC "Wild One" frame with all of the suspension pieces removed and replaced with a scratchbuilt Flemke front end.  The body is resin from Mike's Decals and the cage, floor, etc, was built by me from plastic tube and sheet.  Resin wheels, tires, radiator and a few under-hood details are from Ron Coon Resin and Mike's Decals.  Decals are from Polecat Decals.

RCR

• Ron Coon Resins
Re: McCredy / Bill Wimble Modified
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 12:19:35 PM »
Good looking build!

Bob P.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 12:23:33 PM »
Excellent replica build, well done!

Bob

daverace

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 01:16:08 PM »
nice replica build

Volzfan59

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 05:39:10 PM »
I commented over on Ayers NASCAR forum, but I'll comment here too. That is a great looking model. Like the redesigned front suspension. I don't know if you watch MN Max YouTube channel or not. He posted pictures of the 1:1 car on the track yesterday.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Danh4

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2023, 08:31:50 AM »
I commented over on Ayers NASCAR forum, but I'll comment here too. That is a great looking model. Like the redesigned front suspension. I don't know if you watch MN Max YouTube channel or not. He posted pictures of the 1:1 car on the track yesterday.

Thanks!  I was not aware of that Youtube channel, just watched the one with the Wimble car and will be going back to see the rest, thanks for that!

TarheelRick

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2023, 09:57:35 AM »
That is one beautiful modified.  Really like the front suspension, some nice scratchbuilding.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Volzfan59

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2023, 10:40:57 AM »

Thanks!  I was not aware of that Youtube channel, just watched the one with the Wimble car and will be going back to see the rest, thanks for that!

You're welcome! I've been watching MN Max since his first video. Really good stuff.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Dirtman

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2023, 09:14:19 PM »
This car makes me want to take all of my cars to the dump!!!!!

Rett