Author Topic: Hey David Bogard...remember these??  (Read 2519 times)

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
Hey David Bogard...remember these??
« on: August 27, 2018, 07:57:08 PM »

I'm going off of memory here......
   A few years ago .....5 perhaps 6....you had scratch built some control arms...I want to say for a G.M product.....Any way I had made a response to the thread and posted a picture of a Ford Intermediate frame (72-79 Torino, T-Bird, Montego , Cougar etc. etc) upper control arm.....the upper control arm is unique to those years and model of cars.....

I probably ran my mouth and said something to the extent of " Looks good, now try one of these" half jokingly reference scratch building the Ford piece.

A few days later I get a mailer envelope containing 2 complete Ford style upper control arms, and a partial with the styrene pieces and instructions on how they where built.  Keep in mind all he had was one picture and it wasn't the best as far as showing all the dimensions....no model kit ever produced has the correct upper control arm as far as I am concerned, so he wasn't given a whole lot to work with.
  There was some p.m ing back and forth and I told him I would check it against the 1:1 scale upper control arm on my '76 Gran Torino as sort of a rivet counter joke.

Fast forward to present day.....I've been making a few rubber molds the last month or so of some odd and in's parts and pieces for some builds....one of the molds that I want to do is of the Ford Intermediate frame upper control arms since neither the Jo-Han offering or recent Revell Starsky & Hutch piece have the correct upper control arm.  I remembered having the control arms that David had did a few years ago stashed away in one of the work table drawers so I dug them out.
  I have decided to make these the master for the mold :)  Now David, I don't want you to take this the wrong way...its in jest , but, according to my rivet counting, you were aprox. 2" in 1:1 scale too wide across the top/widest part.....but for having no more than what you did for reference material its spot on.
 I'm going to smooth them up and prep them for molding....  the resin cast of these will be used exclusively with the frame for some Modified Street Stock builds and the Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino that is still simmering on the back burner............... again many THANKS!!!
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington