Author Topic: Diecast? OK  (Read 1841 times)

Lefturns75

Diecast? OK
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:27:48 PM »
Some of us modelers get into all sorts of things while others only build kits---and usually only one kind.    I am one that sort of floats around.  I will build plastic kits of short track cars and other forms of racing, stick and tissue aircraft, flying model rockets, 1/35 armor, collect and restore matchbox cars, a few diecast and have a good selection of Structo and Tonka pressed steel toys that I also restore.  Yes, I know, I spread myself pretty thin.  So, to start off, here is a matchbox kingsize series Merryweather fire truck I modified from a piece that was headed to the trash bin.  The first photo is what I started with before it became my Le Mans Hauler.

The hauler body is made from sheet styrene and treadplate.  The three GT40's are restored and repainted matchbox cars.  The white one wears the wire wheels and tires from the matchbox Jag E type to look more like the 64 prototype. 

Next up we have a Kingsize series Foden wrecker modified into a Prime Mover and mated to a lowboy trailer.  The wrecker was missing the glass and the boom was broken so it became the subject of this conversion.

Now for you circle type only guys, here is a 2004 Late Model of Terry Phillips, son of the late, great Larry Phillips.

Last is a 1/18 scale Ford Falcon FGX Super Car sent to me by my Australia Mate Mick "Aussiemick" Gadd.  He keeps me informed on the Aussie car set and the famous Mount Panorama Bathurst 1000.  This model has a ton of detail.

If any of you are interested, I can post up some tonka restorations and the process.

john2

Re: Diecast? OK
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 06:14:31 AM »
Well your hobbies are quite diverse.  Thanks for posting.
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 06:52:15 AM »
You have done some excellent work on those Matchbox conversions.  Very diverse selection of builds, I like it.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

sentsat71

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:46:41 AM »
Great looking die-cast saves/builds!!
Ed K.

Hondo

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 08:47:46 PM »
Yep, that ol' Lefty guy is pretty talented. Wide range of topics and good at them too.

Maybe there "could" be a "Diecast" topic here. Seems to have stirred some interest.......... just sayin'