Author Topic: 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona  (Read 18085 times)

MarkJ

Re: 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2020, 11:45:59 AM »
I'm sure you do, Ed. but I appreciate your patience. I may private message you for some info about the build if that is okay?

sentsat71

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2020, 11:26:26 AM »
Not sure I could answer, but ask away......one never knows.....
Ed K.

MarkJ

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 08:11:22 AM »
Made a 1/25 scale picture of the underhood area of the model so I could make a pattern for the air cleaner. I will need to add a boot to it, to mate with the firewall.

TarheelRick

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 06:43:35 PM »
You had me wondering with your tease and now I am pretty sure I know.  However, my lips are sealed.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

MarkJ

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 12:04:21 PM »
I appreciate that , Rick.

Dirtman

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2020, 07:39:36 AM »
Man, when you get to doing detail, you REALLY get to doing detail. I admired you patience and talent!

Rett

MarkJ

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2020, 07:58:11 AM »
Man, when you get to doing detail, you REALLY get to doing detail. I admired you patience and talent!

Rett

Thanks, Rett. I'm just trying to do a few things here and there. The front suspension has become a little challenging because of the shock placement through the upper a arm. I've got to figure out a different way to install the tire/ wheel assemblys and still get the stance and tire placement under the fender correct. I think I have a good idea for it, just have to see if it will work.

MarkJ

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »

Brian Conn

• Banned for the greater good
    • Alumilite Molding & Casting
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2020, 10:24:38 PM »
...The steering and front suspension is incredible......care to elaborate more on it, I'd be interested to hear how it all came together.
The only heroes in Washington are buried just outside of it in Arlington

MarkJ

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2020, 06:57:25 AM »
...The steering and front suspension is incredible......care to elaborate more on it, I'd be interested to hear how it all came together.

Thanks, Brian. Its just evergreen tubes ,rods, and sheet material formed into what I needed. As always its just close but not completely accurate, but better then just leaving the front suspension with nothing there  at all. just a few more things have to be added under the hood and that area should be done. Then I can go back to the interior and work on the dash, seat and shifter. I'm not sure what to do about the fire extinguisher. I cant find any ref pictures showing one anywhere in the car but you know the car had to have one. I have one of those stand up extinguishers they put behind the seat in the early seventy's, but a picture I have of the car shows no such system installed there. So I have no clue what to do about that.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2020, 02:48:41 PM »
It sure is good to see your Work again Mark. As always...your fab work is "A1".
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:53:47 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

MarkJ

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2020, 03:43:07 PM »
It sure is good to see your again Mark. As always...your fab work is "A1".

Thanks , Gary. I appreciate the kind words.  Have you got anything going on right now? Your scratch work is always top of the chart. That camper you made was phenominal.

Gary Davis

• "LIVE"....from Tacoma Washington.
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2020, 05:15:40 PM »
Dang...I just saw that I left out "WORK" in the initial post...LOL...that's a true example of CRS for ya!!! I did go back and fix it....

Thank you for the complement Mark.....I am currently working on Tess Fields'(my cousin) 72 Chevelle Pro stock Short track car that she ran in 1986-1988...we think...LOL. She did fairly well in that car. Won a Trophy dash with the big boys. Which...is a record that still stands at Shasta Speedway,Redding Ca. The only chic to beat the boys in the Trophy Dash... I do have pics of the progress but need to load them in fotki. The build is about 2/3rds complete. Here's a few pics of the 1/1 car....

« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 01:35:51 PM by Gary Davis »
"Man...I love the smell of Methonal and Dirt in the morning. Then....Methonal and Asphalt in the afternoon is GOLDEN also."

sentsat71

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2020, 11:09:22 AM »
Gary ....
Looking forward to seeing that build....

Just seeing those 2 pics makes me wonder how far Kara Hendricks would have gone if she had not lost her life in a midget race many years ago...
Ed K.

MarkJ

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2020, 12:52:17 PM »
Dang...I just saw that I left out "WORK" in the initial post...LOL...that's a true example of CRS for ya!!! I did go back and fixed it....

Thank you for the complement Mark.....I am currently working on Tess Fields'(my cousin) 72 Chevelle Pro stock Short track car that she ran in 1986-1988...we think...LOL. She did fairly well in that car. Won a Trophy dash with the big boys. Which...is a record that still stands at Shasta Speedway,Redding Ca. The only chic to beat the boys in the Trophy Dash... I do have pics of the progress but need to load them in fotki. The build is about 2/3rds complete. Here's a few pics of the 1/1 car....

Gary, I'll be looking forward to watching that build. Will you be wipping it here?